We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wholesale District

canada
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
1 review
Wholesale District

Where is this area ?

New York, NY
Level Contributor
2,569 posts
1 review
1. Re: Wholesale District

Around 30th and Broadway. Technically, I think you need a business ID to buy here, but I have known people who have talked their way in.

canada
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
1 review
2. Re: Wholesale District

Yes, i was reading some net articles about buying fake rolexes etc.. here but the guy wouldn't let this person in but tipped him and he got in lol .

New York, NY
Level Contributor
2,569 posts
1 review
3. Re: Wholesale District

The fake rolexes would just be one of the street vendors. These wholesalers are legitimate wholesale businesses.

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
4. Re: Wholesale District

The Wholesale District (aka the Tchatchke District) is on Broadway in the 20's and 30s', between the Flatiron Building and Madison Square Garden.

The businesses there sell mostly hair ornaments and clips, perfumes, toys, costume jewelry, batteries, sunglasses, notions (buttons/thread/appliques/zippers), beads, rhinestones, etc. Some stores sell clothing, underwear, etc.

This is where most street vendors and souvenier stores buy their wares. You *might* be able to buy stuff there without a business ID if (A) you have cash and (B) you're a good talker, and (C) you are going to buy 150 cellphone belt clips or 200 Barney hair pigtail holders.

The phrase "Solo Por Mayor" means "Wholesale Only" in Spanish. You will see this in shop windows.