We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the ABS Travel Inc. a legitimate company ?

State College...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Is the ABS Travel Inc. a legitimate company ?

The company claims to be located at

142W 36th St,

Suite 403

New York, NY 10018

I am a bit worried because they asked me to fax them a copy of my credit card. Please tell me if anyone can find a review or any helpful information.

Thanks

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is the ABS Travel Inc. a legitimate company ?

Never fax them a copy of your credit card--- what are you trying to book and why are you going through them. What rates are they giving you ?

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,172 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is the ABS Travel Inc. a legitimate company ?

NO!!!! Do Not fax a copy of your credit card. No legit business would ever ask you to do that.

As per bilmin tell what you're trying to do and / or book.

State College...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is the ABS Travel Inc. a legitimate company ?

I am trying to get flight tickets and the prices are reasonable. After speaking with a representative he told me I could pay using 3 diff ways: 1) by check, 2)by giving them my credit card number and info and faxing them a copy of my credit card, 3)Direct transfer from my account to theirs.

I am still not sure if I should go through with it. Please tell me what you guys think.

Edited: 3:37 pm, November 24, 2010
New York City
Level Contributor
4,232 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is the ABS Travel Inc. a legitimate company ?

Buy the tix straight from the airline, or expedia, travelocity, orbitz, or whatever.

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is the ABS Travel Inc. a legitimate company ?

How do you know the price is reasonable --- have you looked at the airline's website-- Where are you flying from and to and what are the dates-- what airline are these people putting you on and at what fare--- is it non stop or do you have to make stops,

State College...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Is the ABS Travel Inc. a legitimate company ?

The price I am being offered by the travel agency is $500 dollars cheaper than what the airline is offering. They also have the dates I want which are from Dec.18 until Jan. 8. The airline I would be traveling with is Egypt air and the flight would be from JFK to CAI. There are no stops on the flight.

Edited: 3:47 pm, November 24, 2010
new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is the ABS Travel Inc. a legitimate company ?

Something is not right---- I would be very leery of a deal that is $500 less than the airline---- Are they offering you a charter flight ? Be very careful--- if it is too good to be true it probably is.

New York City
Level Contributor
4,232 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is the ABS Travel Inc. a legitimate company ?

There are few airlines flying non stop, Delta, Egyptair and I think United.

The lowest fare is with Delta @ $1914 rt..

You may be dealing with a consolidator here and if they identify to you what airlines they use, you could get a good deal.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,511 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is the ABS Travel Inc. a legitimate company ?

ABS has a website that looks professional. I don't understand why you'd have to fax a copy of your credit card though. Their website describes their security online and that should be enough.

http://www.abstravel.com/faq/

New York, NY
Level Contributor
2,460 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is the ABS Travel Inc. a legitimate company ?

Lets take a pause here for a second about this issue.

First I do not know if ABS is legit or not so I cannot comment on that issue.

As for faxing your credit card and does this happen, the answer is two fold. First the question if ABS is legit should be answered for you before you fax anything.

If you book the last minute for a trip as I do sometimes where I contact the hotel chain or travel agency they may ask for me to fax my credit card to them with copy of my ID. I would only do this if I know who I have contacted is legit and having dealt with them before. There are reasons for this which are undersendable as far as I am concerned and since I have started the transaction by contacting the people asking for a copy of the card I know who I am dealing with up front since they are indeed a highly legit company that I deal with mutliple times. There is no need to get into why this is happening but let us say that the booking is so last minute that it will not hit their computer systems to book whatever I want and therefore they need my credit card to make sure I am legit.

However my situation is not something that is the norm and therefore I urge strong caution no matter what in faxing or e mailing any credit card info to someone you even question as being legit or not.