We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tenement Museum question

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
78 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Tenement Museum question

I've read great reviews about this museum but was wondering if a 6-8 year old might be interested in in. Any input is appreciated!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
775 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tenement Museum question

They might find the old furniture, costumes and facts about how people lived interesting, since it is rather astounding that so many people lived in such tight quarters, but in general I don't think it would be too thrilling for your average 6-8 year old.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tenement Museum question

What used to be one tour has been split into two, and there's a lot of time spent standing in a room listening to the history. I think a 6- to 8-year old would be a bit bored.

Wellington
Level Contributor
10 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tenement Museum question

From memory there was a cutoff (younger) age for the tours, but that family-friendly tours were run as well. Because all of the rooms are furnished as they were used during the tour the majority of the group would stand in the middle of the room and even then some adults couldn't resist touching :) they have a great website though so you should be able to find something that would appeal to the whole family :)

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,306 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tenement Museum question

Although I loved going to LES and will probably return, as an elementary school teacher I would say you have better hands-on places to choose from for a 6-8 year old.

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tenement Museum question

Go to the American Museum of Natural History for a surefire hit.

www.amnh.org