We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Belvedere Hotel to Newark airport terminal C

Sydney
Level Contributor
83 posts
161 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from Belvedere Hotel to Newark airport terminal C

Hi All,

What is easiest/cheapest way to get to Newark airport terminal C via public transport on november 25th by 6:30am? I read that you can catch a train from Penn Station directly to the airport but when I check njtransit.com I couldn't find this route?

Also, the flight is at 7:30am to Las Vegas, would getting there by 6.30am be sufficient time?

Thanks.

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Belvedere Hotel to Newark airport terminal C

Have you looked at the FAQ section regarding this topic or the umpteemthousand threads about it?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Belvedere Hotel to Newark airport terminal C

Your hotel is on 48th between 8th and 9th. I'd take the A, C, or E subway line from 50th Street and 8th Avenue to Penn Station/34th Street, where you can get a New Jersey Transit train to the airport. (You can board any NJT train with "EWR" next to it on the notice board -- that means it's stopping at Newark Airport.) At the airport stop, you change to a monorail that takes you to the terminals.

By the way, I'm not sure what trouble you're having with the NJ Transit website. If you type in "New York" into the "Travel From" box, New York Penn Station will pop up, and if you type "Newark Airport" into the "Travel To" box, Newark Airport Rail Station will pop up.

Edited: 8:56 am, September 22, 2010
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,506 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Belvedere Hotel to Newark airport terminal C

For the timetable, go to this page, choose New York Penn Station from the drop-down menu for Origin Station and choose Newark Airport from the drop-down menu for Destination Station; then select November 25.

www.njtransit.com/sf/sf_servlet.srv…

November 25 is Thanksgiving Day, however, and NJ Transit apparently has not yet posted the holiday schedule; I too am getting no results for that day.

Edited: 9:01 am, September 22, 2010
Sydney
Level Contributor
83 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Belvedere Hotel to Newark airport terminal C

Thanks for the quick replies!

I don't know why it didn't work for me when I did a search for it this afternoon.

But when I searched again just then it found it...

Anyway, that answered my question. When do you suppose the thanksgiving timetable would be available? And would arriving 1 hr before departure of my flight be sufficient time?

Edited: 9:20 am, September 22, 2010
New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from Belvedere Hotel to Newark airport terminal C

As that is Thanksgiving Day and it is typically a very busy morning, I don't think it would hurt to get the 5:14AM train.

Remember, the time posted for Newark Airport in the train timetable is the time the train arrives at the Rail Transfer Station. It takes another 10 - 15 minutes to get into Terminal C for your Continental Airlines flight to Las Vegas.

I'd get the 5:14AM train - you'll be on-line for the Security checkpoint by 6:00AM. There are plenty of places to have breakfast in the terminal. Then you'll sleep on your flight from Newark to Las Vegas.

To be honest, even if there were another train shortly after the 5:14AM train, I'd probably still get the 5:14AM train on Thanksgiving morning - because I know it will be busy and it won't be seasoned business travelers.

Sydney
Level Contributor
83 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting from Belvedere Hotel to Newark airport terminal C

moreffmiles, thank you for the tip! You may have saved me a potentially missed flight ><

7. Re: Getting from Belvedere Hotel to Newark airport terminal C

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 22, 2011