We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cite Restaurant / Top of the Rock

Abbotsford, British...
Level Contributor
41 posts
Cite Restaurant / Top of the Rock

Planning to visit Top of the Rock and then have a late dinner close to Rockefellar Centre. I read online that Cite Restaurant (I believe it's in the Rockefellar Centre) has a 3 course pre fixe dinner package(which includes wine) for approx. $70.00 a person. Is this a good choice? If not, any recommendations as to another restaurant close to Top of the Rock.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
458 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Cite Restaurant / Top of the Rock

It gets very good reviews at menupages.com.

Another choice in the area, if you like upscale Italian food, is Alfredo of Rome. Check out their website:

http://www.alfredos.com/ny.html

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
594 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: Cite Restaurant / Top of the Rock

CITE is a rollicking good time and extremely good value for money.

After 8pm the prix fixe dinner to which you refer (might be $65) includes at least 4 competent wines (one sparkler) and as much of each that you can drink. Good steak and roast beef.

A great place for a couple OR a group.

No driving after this one, though.

Best,

Joe in NYC

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
105,246 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Cite Restaurant / Top of the Rock

I consider Alfredo's a tourist trap. I like Cite, especially if you like wine and steak. It's not the best food in NYC, but it's a great value. It's not a great value if you don't drink wine though.

The Rock Center Cafe and the Sea Grill are both in the same complex and have windows onto the ice rink. Both pricey but probably not more than $70/person. There are some other options in the area if you tell us more about type of food and budget.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
4. Re: Cite Restaurant / Top of the Rock

I work in Rock Center, but I'm not a big fan of Cite. I much prefer Del Frisco's for steak, and Joseph's (a/k/a Joseph Citarella's) for seafood. The Rock Center Cafe is o.k. for casual food, and the Sea Grill is good, but for both of those the big draw is the view of the ice rink.