We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

please review tentative plans

canada
Level Contributor
93 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
please review tentative plans

I have been reading this forum everyday for about 4 months and have finally developed a plan for our first trip in June. We are celebrating my husbands 50th, I gave him tickets to the US Open golf, in Mamaroneck, for Christmas, since he is a golfaholic. Any suggestions/helpful hints will be greatly appreciated.

Thursday June 15th - arrive at about 8:00am, have tickets for the Yankee game at 1:05pm so we will probably just drop our bags at the Comfort Inn Midtown and go to Yankee stadium.

Go to Rockefeller center after the game, then Top of The Rock at 8pm so we can view sunset.

Friday- US open tickets, then either spend time at GCS or a walk in Times Square - depending on weather(we will do the other on sunday night)

Saturday-

Central Park

Serendipity

FAO Schwartz

5th Ave. shops

Harbour Lights cruise in evening

Sunday - same as Friday

Monday-

Regis or Good Morning America

Ground Zero and St. Pauls

South street seaport

Staten Island ferry

Grimaldi's

Brooklyn bridge

Tuesday-

Regis/GMA or Today Show

Times Square or sights we missed or neighbourhood walk

leave at 5pm for 8:30 flight home

thanks for any advice you can give

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: please review tentative plans

wow, this is so well planned, it is pleasantly uncontroversial!

;o)

Do you have transportation plans to get to Mamaroneck? I'm guessing that Metro-North RR will have special service to the Open.

I would suggest exploring either the Upper West Side or the Upper East Side, or both, if you have time. They are lovely residential nabes, more mature family crowd, a little more upscale than, say, Greenwich Village. Take a walk on Madison Ave, anwyhere from the 50s to the 70s. Less touristy than the 5th AVe. shops.

Bring comfortable shoes! You'll have a great time.

canada
Level Contributor
93 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: please review tentative plans

thank you for your thoughts, we will definately explore one of the neighbourhoods you mentioned. Also like the idea of Madison Avenue, thanks

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: please review tentative plans

Madison Ave. is great, but don't stop at the 70s. It's great to explore all the way up to the low 90s! The Carnegie Hill area is a lovely area with lots of fun boutiques and restaurants.

canada
Level Contributor
93 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: please review tentative plans

thanks for your ideas - I have read lots of other posts from both of you and have taken lots of notes on all your reccomendations. I hope that when we receive our us open tickets in may there will be good info re how to get to the golf course, thanks