We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The best of the Best - Help wanted

Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
The best of the Best - Help wanted

Hi all,

I am a first time poster who will shortly be a first time visitor to New York. We are coming across to stay in Manhattan in the middle of Jan, and I would be grateful for some hints and tips from your good selves on what to do, so I have a few questions.

1. If you could do only one thing in NY, what would it be?

2. Where would I find the true New york breakfast?

3. Dinner, where and why?

I am sure that these sort of questions have bee asked many times on this forum, but I would really like to hear all you differing views and suggestions. 2 Weeks and Counting!! Cheers.

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,593 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: The best of the Best - Help wanted

If you haven't made reservations yet, some of the places mentioned above absolutely require them. Hope you are feeling better and enjoy your trip.

Florida
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: The best of the Best - Help wanted

Go to Magnolia Bakery in Greenwich village! Awesome cupcakes!!!!!

Bath, UK
Level Contributor
99 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: The best of the Best - Help wanted

We just got back and I think our highlight was walking Brooklyn Bridge, (after visiting Grimaldis for lunch) really good pizza followed by stunning views on a picture perfect day. Dinner at the River Cafe was also pretty special, most romantic setting ever, and we had the best steaks at Bobby Van's.

TOTR was also amazing, Central Park was beautiful, even on a grey day. There are so many things its impossible to say just one!

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
396 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: The best of the Best - Help wanted

HI Marco33

I would say Top of the Rock is a must do - we did Empire State as well but TOTR was so much better thought out and organised and the lift ride was pretty amazing!

Not sure about breakfast - Balthazar looked amazing but we couldn't get a reservation!

Dinner - the best dinner we had was in Churrascaria Plataforma - loads and loads of meat - very lively place.

Website here http://www.churrascariaplataforma.com/

We are back over in Feb and will be trying River Cafe and Balthazar among others - so my answers might be different by then!