We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

World Yacht Dinner Cruise?

Scotland
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
World Yacht Dinner Cruise?

Visiting NYC for the first time 3-6 March, and so looking forward to it! Fiona's 40 years young on the Friday 4th so we're trying to do something special that night. We thought we might do the River Cafe, but we heard about a dinner cruise that lasts about 3 hours, with spectacular nightime views. Try as we might, we cant seem to find out any more about it. Does anyone know any more about this? We're trying to book this in advance, and time is getting short.

waterford ireland
Level Contributor
2,187 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: World Yacht Dinner Cruise?

Hi I have done this cruise. We had a fantastic night and the views of Manhattan as we travelled around were brillant. It was the high light of our trip and when we came off the Yacht there were stretch Limos waiting for hire which just topped off our night.

However, I havent been to the River Cafe it is top of my list for my next trip to NY and if I had a choice between the two I think I would go for the River Cafe. The main reason for this choice is that even though we had a fab meal on the cruise I dont think it would compare to what you could have at the River Cafe. Hope this helps.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: World Yacht Dinner Cruise?

Read here what someone else had to say about celebrating their 40th birthday on World Yacht:

tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g60763-New_York_City…

It's one of the most popular things to do! The River Cafe is spectacular too.

Happy birthday!

Scotland
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: World Yacht Dinner Cruise?

thanks for that,did you book tickets for the cruise in advance i.e. at home or wait till you got to nyc?

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: World Yacht Dinner Cruise?

Here's the NY Tourism page on all the boating options, it includes a link to World Yacht as well.

Scotland
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: World Yacht Dinner Cruise?

sorry bettina,your link on ny tourism didnt appear. Can you post it again please?

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: World Yacht Dinner Cruise?

Sorry!

www.nycvisit.com/content/index.cfm…

waterford ireland
Level Contributor
2,187 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: World Yacht Dinner Cruise?

I booked my tickets in advance through www.viator.com it has a list of excursions that you can take while visiting New York.

Scotland
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: World Yacht Dinner Cruise?

Thanks to all for replying. Got the website now, and gonna book it direct. Couldn't decide between this and The River Cafe, but, but after reading all the reviews, I think we're going to try and do both! Thanks to all.

9. Re: World Yacht Dinner Cruise?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 am, May 21, 2009