We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early June Trip

Morro Bay...
Level Contributor
814 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Early June Trip

We are two California central coast women planning a trip in early June. We want to see a couple of shows, go to the Met, shop, and wander around Chelsea. We are looking for reasonable lodging in a location that will allow us to get around easily. We would prefer to stay under $200 so we can enjoy the great restaurants as well!

Is anyone familiar with the Belleclaire? It seems reasonable.

Any suggestions, comments, etc. are appreciated. Thanks!

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Early June Trip

The Belleclaire is in my favorite neighborhood, the upper west side. You should compare rates and (very important!) reviews on this site for the Belleclaire and these other UWS hotels: Beacon, Lucerne, On the Ave, Excelsior. I think it's the nicest place, great to stroll at all hours, convenient to public transport, etc.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,831 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early June Trip

The location of the Belleclaire is fine, but the hotel gets mixed reviews and you shouldn't pay $200/night for it. Easyclicktravel.com currently has it for $189/night. Have you checked the Beacon or the Lucern or the Excelsior in the same neighborhood?

Easyclick also has a one bedroom suite (like an apt with a kitchen) at the Bedford for $209. That's more centrally located.

If you want to roam around Chelsea, you might prefer staying down in that area. Have a look at the Inn on 23rd St.

Morro Bay...
Level Contributor
814 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early June Trip

Thank you, I have an e-mail off to the Inn on 23rd regarding availability. Also am looking at the Lucerne on the upper west side. What a great website this is for travelers who know nothing about the City!

Morro Bay...
Level Contributor
814 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early June Trip

We are booked in early June for eight days at the Inn on 23rd. It sounds just right for us. Thank you for the suggestion. Now that lodging & transportation are secured, I can take my time researching what to see, where to eat, etc. Also einterested in any festivals or special events that might be taking lace in early June.

Also, Broadway play suggestions? Suggestions of what to see and hints about getting tickets?

New York
Level Contributor
717 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Early June Trip

I'd also take a look at 1871 House on the East Side.

It's located in a much more upscale area, is located close to the museums, Central Park, Madison Avenue, and shopping--and you should be able to score a room for less than $200.

Morro Bay...
Level Contributor
814 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Early June Trip

Spending eight days in early June....staying in Chelsea. What is the best way to get theatre tickets? Also, any special festivals in early June or evening concerts going on? Thank you.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,204 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Early June Trip

You will get a lot of advice from people with varying opinions about the best way to get theatre tickets. Some prefer taking a chance and waiting in line at TKTS, some call the box office directly, and some order online. I have always had luck going to discount ticket sites, such at broadwaybox.com and theatermania.com. I find discounted tickets for the show I want, and order them online (where I particularly like seeing the seating chart and choosing my own seats.) If you have time, you can have them mailed to you or print the tickets on your printer. If there isn't much time before your trip, you can pick them up at the box office. I've seen 3 different shows this way, and it worked out perfectly. I'm more of a planner, so I liked knowing where and when I was going, and having the tickets in hand. I typed "discount Broadway tickets" into a search engine, and several discount sites came up. It was fun checking into all of them and deciding what to see. I'm sure there are others with different ideas, so choose what works best for you.