We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve Times Square Parties

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
New Years Eve Times Square Parties

We want to attend the Times Square madness for New Years but need advice. We are looking for the a Times Square Party where we can enjoy the indoors and pop outside for the ball drop and run back inside to the party. Is this possible? Do we want too? Money is less of an issue than standing outside for hours without bathrooms. Thanks.

New York City
Level Contributor
17,258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years Eve Times Square Parties

Wherever you are, you definitely will NOT be able to spend the evening indoors, and then just "pop outside for the ball drop" -- access into, through, and around Times Square on that evening is very highly regulated, and I can guarantee that if you try to enter the Square at the time you have in mind you will be turned away.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
718 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years Eve Times Square Parties

I agree. Theres no getting in and out. Either your in OR out. If you want a view and so forth, you're gonna pay through the nose to be at a times square party with that option. Figure at least $250 pp for food and drink and view.

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Years Eve Times Square Parties

Read this thread (and sub-thread) for the scoop on New Year's Eve in Times Square.

It seems like Olive Garden has a good view and a good deal. I'm not sure how to make reservations for it. Try reading the "Sticky" on New Year's Eve Dining at the top of this forum.

Good luck!

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Years Eve Times Square Parties

oops! forgot to paste thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k306277-…

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Years Eve Times Square Parties

Thanks to all that responded. TGI Fridays had what we were looking for. The price is steep @ $225 each. They are within view of the Ball Drop and allow attendees to venture in and out at will. They said many often do that.