We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newark airport to JFK

Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Topic
Newark airport to JFK

Flight gets into Newark at 3p and international flight from JFK leaves 6p. Is this doable mid week ? . Best way to get there without getting a panic attack ?

Thanks in advance, tom

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,890 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newark airport to JFK

This is NOT doable. An international flight requires check in 2 hrs before flight time which means 4pm. That leaves you an hr to get luggage and travel. Definitely not doable. And if your incoming flight is at all late (which is probable) you're scr*wed. Worse still, if both flights are not on the same ticket and you miss the JFK flight, you'd have to buy a new ticket at the going price (ie same day pricing). No way Jose. Sorry. Transportation options are listed here

www.panynj.gov/aviation/connframewr.htm

Most options claim it's a 90 min. trip but that doesn't account for waiting time. I'd figure 2 hrs. minimum for travel and leave yourself some extra.

If you live in Tampa, can't imagine why you'd want to fly into Newark.

Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Newark airport to JFK

Thanks, nywhiz. Your answer confirms my fears. Delta may be ready when you are but but their scheduling/ connections didn't seem right. The battle will continue, its uphill because I am using frequent flier points

Would you have thoughts via Atlanta/Detroit/Europe? Locally people advise me to stay away from Detroit.

tom

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,890 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Newark airport to JFK

So if I understand correctly, you're trying to use Delta frequent flyer miles to get to Europe (where) from Tampa? I would check to see whether you could use one of Delta's partners. Are you aware they're starting new service to Europe from Atlanta next year (2006)?

You might want to check the Delta forum at flyertalk.com, a message board for frequent flyers. Good luck.