We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Got Back!!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Just Got Back!!

WOW what a fantastic place I could not believe I was there,the noise,the smell,the people,the sights,the walking!!!!!

We did loads of things Central Park, ESB,Bloomingdales,Macys,Times Sq,Boat trip(fantastic)Natural History Museum(awesome) and the food was out of the world, Virgils (never tasted food like it).

It was just mind blowing

Level Contributor
1,621 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Just Got Back!!

LOL...yep, you described it! Glad you had a fantastic experience.

Nyc (Upper West...
Level Contributor
6,912 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Just Got Back!!

Happy you enjoyed NYC. Give us a more detailed report.

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just Got Back!!

Great!! More details, please.

Did you get to see the Halloween Parade?

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Just Got Back!!

Yes, details please. For example, did you have the pulled pork at Virgil's? How about the homemade biscuits with maple butter?

Crewe, United...
Level Contributor
321 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just Got Back!!

Hi Cas123

Glad you had a great trip, I totally agree with you - it really is a fab place. Looking forward to reading your trip report

CathyC

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2,495 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just Got Back!!

We leave a week tomorrow, now I need to go check out Virgil's at menupages.

Sounds like you'll be planning the return trip soon :o)

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Just Got Back!!

Right here goes,Landed at Newark(the view of the skyline when we were landing was fantastic)arranged for a car to pick us up Econolivery ( do not book these rubbish car rude driver and for the return trip they did not show up so dont use them)when we got to the hotel(Sheraton New Hotel and Towers very good)unpacked and went straight out to Central Park walked around a bit then went to the zoo which was great my wife wanted to see the animals from Madagascar and i told her it was just a film,anyway the zoo was great we left there and walked down and across Fifth Ave and then on to Bloomingdales which was far too big for us to look around then walked back towards our hotel past Carnegie Hall(amazed at the size)I was getting tired now so we stopped at Ben Ash for a HUGE sandwich and a Corona,after that we headed for Times Sq(i just stood opened mouthed at the bright lights)we walked around and took loads of video then headed back to our hotel completely knackered!!!

The next morning we got up and had breakfast at Lindys and headed down towards 42nd street to walk to the Circle Line Cruise port we got there collected our tickets (£10 each on the net)and boarded the boat we sailed half way around and had to turn back there was a funeral near Yankee Stadium so we could not go that far up but we did see Gracie Mansion the view of the skyline all the way around the island was awesome the bridges were amazing to see we got of the boat and got a taxi to the Natural History Museum a bit scary but okay the Museum was fantastic and we spent about 4 hrs just strolling around after that we walked down to Times Sq and had Dinner at Bubba Gumps(fantastic food great service)then set of again to the ESB no Queues( 6.30ish)straight up very windy loads of video back down across to Macys looked around there and srolled back to the hotel

Will post some more trip report tommorrow

See ya

New York, NY
Level Contributor
9,648 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just Got Back!!

Glad you had a great time, looking forward to additional details!!!

Sunderland, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunderland
Level Contributor
6,805 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just Got Back!!

Enjoyed it so far! Looking forward to part 2.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
1,924 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just Got Back!!

phew! excellent!