We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Now I'm really scared....

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
145 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Now I'm really scared....

Just read about the roaches at the Astor on the Park Hotel!!!! I'm due to go in Feb and I'm seriously wonder whether to cancel the reservation. Have stayed twice before at the Algonquin,(loved it) don't know if I'm up to such a step down! I suppose you get what you pay for...any thoughts folks??

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
145 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Now I'm really scared....

Thanks everyone, def. getting a bad vibe about the Astor! Will check out those other places mentioned

Cheers!

London
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Now I'm really scared....

Coalfire: What have you done, did you cancel the Astor??

We are leaving on Saturday to stay there for 1 week, im now really worried. I havent seen any reviews mentioning cockroaches. It seems to be such a mixed bag, but the last few reviews ive read have been pretty good.

NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Now I'm really scared....

None of the reviews I read mentioned roaches either. Not sure where Coalfire read that.

London
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Now I'm really scared....

Ive jusr=t seen it, its the second or third review down on the TA guide.

Ive just been reading reviews on other sites, and they are all fairly good ones.

Think I will stick with the hotel. If, when i get there, it turns out to be a real dive, how easy do you think it would be to get our money back and move to another hotel??

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,029 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Now I'm really scared....

Suzie, if you've prepaid through a 3rd party website, I think it's unlikely you can get a refund. When are you going? Prices right now are very high. Coalfire is going in Feb. when prices usually drop a lot. For right now, I think your best bet is to stay where you are. Worst case scenario, go to a drug store and buy some roach motels (small traps) and place them around the corners of the room and the bathroom. They're very effective. I'm sure you'll have a great trip. Don't worry.

London
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Now I'm really scared....

Thanks NY, we arrive on Sunday, I am so excited but really worried about what we are going to find there. We booked it a couple of months ago, before lots of the bad reviews were posted!

Im sure that the city itself will make up for any bad experience in a hotel and fingers crossed it will all turn out fine.