We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LaGuardia Airport to Cape Liberty, NJ

Michigan
Level Contributor
376 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
LaGuardia Airport to Cape Liberty, NJ

We are taking a cruise that leaves from Cape Liberty, NJ. It will cost us $185 EACH more to fly to Newark vs Laguardia. IF we fly to LaGuardia, what are the transportation options to the cruise port in NJ and approximate costs? Any info/advice is welcome. Thank you.

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LaGuardia Airport to Cape Liberty, NJ

call dial 7 limos and ask for a price for a town car... It will be expensive but not $370

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LaGuardia Airport to Cape Liberty, NJ

All State is another reliable car service company to contact for a price quote; they too have sedans, not just stretch limos:

http://www.allstatelimo.com

I hope you'll post back with what you find out; that would be very useful info for others :-)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,480 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LaGuardia Airport to Cape Liberty, NJ

Agree with that. You can compare it to taking a taxi (~$30-35) or the same car service into Manhattan either to Port Authority or a PATH station and taking public transportation between Manhattan and the pier using these options

http://www.cruiseliberty.com/dirpark.htm

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: LaGuardia Airport to Cape Liberty, NJ

Proceeding by public transportation to the cruise port in Bayonne is a real PIA, requiring a couple of transfers -- and a $10 (with tip) taxi ride from the Bayonne light rail station to the embarkation point -- at the end of the trek. There aren't all that many cabs in Bayonne and transit service isn't as frequent on weekends, especially on Sundays, when I imagine you're scheduled to set sail.

I'm all for using mass transit, but car service to Bayonne is my hearty recommendation in this instance :-)

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,694 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: LaGuardia Airport to Cape Liberty, NJ

Is there anyway to change yoiur flight into Newark. A you in the same state as the cruiseport C: your less than five miles from the city of Bayonne

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: LaGuardia Airport to Cape Liberty, NJ

Pssst, she said it will cost them almost $200 more per person to fly into EWR.

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,694 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: LaGuardia Airport to Cape Liberty, NJ

Yeah and the OP also said they were flying into Newark

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g46671-i866-k34167…

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
25,182 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: LaGuardia Airport to Cape Liberty, NJ

Yes, but clearly if they can save $400 by flying into LGA, then why on earth would you advise them to fly into Newark? Even if the cab costs them $100, that's a savings of almost $300. I don't know about you, but that's not chump change to most people.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: LaGuardia Airport to Cape Liberty, NJ

Plus, the cab fare from EWR to the cruise port is another $35 plus tip and the Turnpike toll.

If EWR were the cheaper airport, they might consider arriving the night before and do a "stay and sail" package like that offered by the Country Inn & Suites by EWR:

http://www.countryinns.com/offers/2554029/chi

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,694 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: LaGuardia Airport to Cape Liberty, NJ

I organly psoted without seeing who the OP was. On the Newark NJ fourm he says he's flying into newark on May 2nd.