We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What clubs are good?

Pasadena, CA
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
What clubs are good?

My husband and I want to go to one of the "in" clubs--d.j. or band, for dancing. I know the best ones change all the time-but would appreciate any info. We are staying in the city. Also-we are over 30 but we can "handle it"!

Thanks

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What clubs are good?

This is a lot harder than it sounds. There are too many choices here! What kind of scene and budget do you prefer? What kinds of music?

For starters, check out these websites:

www.newyork.citysearch.com (you can search buy type of scene, price, music, location, etc.)

www.thelmagazine.com (free magazine in orange streetcorner boxes. Very good.)

www.timeoutnewyork.com (The hard copy mag way better than website. Buy an issue when you're here. It has very extensive club listings.)

Having said that, the hottest neighborhoods to hang out in right now are the Lower East Side, Chelsea, the Meatpacking District and Williamsburg. (those last 2 - not that much dancing)

Search these names on Citysearch.com for descriptions: China Club, the Maritime Hotel/Hiro, Shadow, Schiller's Liquor Bar, Pete's Candy Store, Office Ops, and Galapagos.