We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Options for six people in Manhattan

Hove, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
86 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Options for six people in Manhattan

I would appreciate any recommendations on accomodation for six people in Manhattan in May for about 4 nights. We are 3 couples but one couple are happy to use a sofa bed. Happy for the recommendations to be either hotel or private apartment based. Ideal budget would be around $600 a night all in. I have seen a few places with 2 beds and a lounge but it seems that hotels seem to stipulate a max of 5 people even if the room could sleep 6. Thx in advance. Pete

Saratoga Springs...
Level Contributor
640 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Options for six people in Manhattan

The Affinia hotel chain has a couple of properties that can accommodate six in a room. I'm not sure if it will be within your budget for your exact dates in May but you can check availability here:

www.affinia.com

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Wakefield
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Options for six people in Manhattan

Could do with an exact date, but on the affinia site, you can get the eastgate tower 2 bedroom suite for $471 per night,

that gives you 2 queen beds, 2 twin beds, and a sofa bed.

I used the 6th - 11th May 2010 as the dates to get that result.

M

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,914 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Options for six people in Manhattan

There's no reason for 3 couples to share one room/suite and give up privacy and have to sleep on a sofabed with a budget of $600/night. The largest suites you'll find at a reasonable price are 2 bed/2 bath. 2 couples could share one of those with the 3 couple in their own room. In addition to Eastgate Tower

radiocityapartments.com

also has 2 bedroom suites but they only have 1 bathroom and the second bedroom is usually set up for kids with single beds. Just get 3 rooms. You should be able to get 3 rooms at the Hotel at Times Square for ~ $200/night each. Their website is

applecorehotels.com

The Best Western Bowery Hanbee might also be around that price. Both of these include free continental b/f.

4. Re: Options for six people in Manhattan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:49 pm, November 21, 2009
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Options for six people in Manhattan

Theresa, TA takes a dim view of those post in the hope of driving traffic to their own web site.

6. Re: Options for six people in Manhattan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:50 pm, November 21, 2009
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Options for six people in Manhattan

You can delete it -- pick "Remove my own post" from the drop-down menu that appears when you click on " Report inappropriate content" at the tail-end of your post -- and then put up a new post with the hotel information, without the web site as your tag line.

Denver
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Options for six people in Manhattan

Hotels that can accommodate six in New York City area:

Affinia 50

Affinia Dumont

Comfort Inn Chelsea

Eastgate Tower Suite Hotel

Embassy Suites - North End Ave

The Marmara Manhattan

Hilton New York

Salisbury Hotel

Theresa

Hove, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
86 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Options for six people in Manhattan

Thank you everyone for your replies. Just for context, we are trying to persaude one of the couples to come along, even though they don't have much money and I know they won't take a hand-out. Therefore a free bed in a suite seems a good strategy.

I have also been looking at vacation apartments in NYC and they also seem a possible route as many have either 3 bedrooms or 2 bedrooms and a soft bed and seem to come in within our budget. What's the best site to find vacation rentals in Mnhattan on?

Thanks again, Pete

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Options for six people in Manhattan

no - avoid apartment rentals they are illegal and a lot of them are scams. If you cannot afford legitimate hotel accomodation then you should not come I'm afraid