We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gramercy Park area NYE 2009

london
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Gramercy Park area NYE 2009

Hi -

I am staying at the Gramercy Park Hotel for a honeymoon from December 26th 2009 until January 1st 2010. I wondered if anybody could recommend anything for NYE? We fly out early on the 1st but would be interested in any restaurant/ bar suggestions or if there were any firework displays, public celebrations etc that were accessible?

Thanks

Matt

Best Seller
New York in One Day Guided...
1,251 Reviews
from $89.99*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
149 Reviews
from $175.00*
Best Seller
NYC One World Observatory...
552 Reviews
from $34.00*
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
104,090 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gramercy Park area NYE 2009

The fireworks in Manhattan are in Central Park at midnight. There are fireworks in Prospect Park in Brooklyn. You can get to either by taxi or subway.

I think you have to decide what you'd like to do-whether just a nice dinner or something more. The concierge at your hotel should be able to make some recos. The hotel itself is getting a brand new restaurant (I think opening tomorrow) headed by perhaps the most successful restauranteur in NYC, Danny Meyer.

…eater.com/archives/2009/11/sneak_peeking_da…

If you can get a reservation there, my guess is it will be excellent. The hotel may be doing it's own party on the roof which may be available to you. Other restaurants in the area are Eleven Madison Park, Gramercy Tavern.

london
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gramercy Park area NYE 2009

Thank you, that's really helpful. How does the Gramercy Park Hotel compare to say the New York Palace? Is GPH a hotel you would recommend, I am really excited to go but have read some pretty bad reviews...

Manhattan
Level Contributor
9,432 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gramercy Park area NYE 2009

It is now an Ian Schrager place to go but.....it used to be a hotel with "character"s.

Either before you go (or while you are there - I'm sure they will lend it to you) you MUST see the documentary about the conversion of the hotel.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0939615/

4. Re: Gramercy Park area NYE 2009

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 14, 2010