We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

96street and lexington to lga ?m60 bus vs taxi

new york city
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
96street and lexington to lga ?m60 bus vs taxi

i leave friday lga 9pm. would m60 at lexington and 125 street make sense or be a horrible ordeal and how much would a cab cost. thanks all

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,117 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 96street and lexington to lga ?m60 bus vs taxi

It would not be a horrible ordeal, but it will take longer than a cab. You can use hopstop.com to estimate cab fares. Are you starting from Lex and 125th, or are you coming from somewhere else?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,029 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 96street and lexington to lga ?m60 bus vs taxi

nyccabfare.com

or

hopstop.com

will estimate the cab fare and the time. If there are 2 or more of you, I'd order a car service like

dial7.com

for a fixed rate (instead of taxi which is "on the meter"). I wouldn't call the bus a "horrible ordeal" but it will take longer. If you're traveling alone and don't want to spring for a taxi or car service, I'd take the subway to Grand Central and the Express airport bus ($12).

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 96street and lexington to lga ?m60 bus vs taxi

The M60 Bus is not bad; From 125th it is a straight shot to LGA. So it will be the same approx. amount of time as a cab from that location. Even at 96th Street it is approx. the same time.

Of course the speed of a taxi driver with sharp lefts and rights will get you to LGA a hair faster.

The down side with the bus is that you have to wait for it to leave.

This schedule might help;

mta.info/nyct/bus/schedule/manh/m060cur.pdf

4. Re: 96street and lexington to lga ?m60 bus vs taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 03, 2010