We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Peter Pan, Greyhound bus route in NYC

Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Peter Pan, Greyhound bus route in NYC

Hi can anyone help please? I will be a visitor in NYC (Manhattan) next week and hoping to meet up with friends in Amherst, Mass. for an overnight stay then come back to NYC. There is a bus service going to Amherst (Peter Pan bus company) but I found their website confusing as it showed only one stop for New York City which was 4 hours walking from my hotel!

My Hotel is near to Times Square, NYC. Surely there is more than the one stop shown in Yonkers on the route to Amherst? It would take me half a day to get to the bus stop which seems crazy? If all else fails I'll make an expensive call from the UK to the company but have always found folk on here more than willing to help with great information! Look forward to hearing from someone who might know.

I am getting the train to Amherst in the morning which is easy and station is walking distance from hotel but only one train a day runs so need to get a bus back to be at hotel in time for a planned event the next evening. Anyone? Thanks.

Pocono Daytripper
Taxis & Shuttles, Bus Transportation
New York Trolley Company
Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Bus Transportation
OvRride East Coast
Bus Transportation
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,512 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Peter Pan, Greyhound bus route in NYC

I don't understand. When I visit the Peter Pan website, I show many buses going from New York, NY to Amherst, MA. The Peter Pan bus stop in New York is at the Port Authority Bus Terminal, per the info here:

And Port Authority is a 10 minute walk from Times Square.

If for some reason you did need to go to Yonkers, I don't know why you'd walk it. It would make more sense to take the Metro North train from Grand Central, less than 1/2 hour away.

New York
Level Contributor
3,944 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Peter Pan, Greyhound bus route in NYC

I went to the University of Mass. in Amherst and still have many friends in the area. I have probably made the trip you describe 50 times. I can assure you the the busses (whether Peter Pan or Greyhound) do indeed stop at Port Authority. Here's the schedule:

I too am confsed by the Yonkers reference. While the bus sometimes passes through there, I have never known it to stop.

Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Peter Pan, Greyhound bus route in NYC

That is so cool - my hotel is about one minute away from the Port authority terminal in Manhattan! On the website I saw for PPbus it stated this terminal was for shipping or goods only (or something like that?) weird, I suspect interpretation issues...ANYWAY THANK YOU!!!!!!! You really have made my day, wow!

Our community is here to help!Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor
4. Re: Peter Pan, Greyhound bus route in NYC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 03, 2010