We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Business travel - hotel choice question. Choosing among the...

Boston...
Level Contributor
20 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Business travel - hotel choice question. Choosing among the...

I am trying to decide where to stay. I stayed at The Kimberly before and loved it. Now my conference is at the Beekman Towers, so there is a convenience of staying at the same hotel where the meetings are. But I am not sure if the Beekman Towers is as nice as the Kimberly or Affinia Dumont where I know the service is superb.

So, should I stay at the convenient Beekman Towers or should I choose Kimberly or Affinia Dumont and take cabs to the conference...?

Thanks,

Ela

nj
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Business travel - hotel choice question. Choosing among the...

Ela,

The Beekman is very nice, you wouldn't be dissappointed. It's also nice though to stroll the streets a little bit so the Kimberly, and the Affinia's Benjamin, which is right next to the Kimberly, are nice choices as well, and in an area that has a little more 'happening'.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,890 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Business travel - hotel choice question. Choosing among the...

The Kimberly is not an Affinia hotel fyi. The Affinia 50 is right next to the Kimberly. Perhaps that's what you meant?

The Beekman has not been renovated as recently as most of the other Affinia hotels so the rooms may not be as nice but I think the service would still be good. They have a nice rooftop bar/restaurant with very nice views. It's a very different feeling area imo, a bit more residential, yet still in midtown.

I'd say a lot depends on whether you want to be close to others at the meeting or whether you'd like to be a bit removed so you can get away. Also, what else if anything do you want to do while in NYC? The Affinia 50 is close to so much good shopping. I'd either stay at the Beekman or the Affinia 50 which is walkable or a short cab ride.