We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Milford Plaza Hotel, opinions please

Summerside, Canada
Level Contributor
448 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Milford Plaza Hotel, opinions please

What is it with so many different opinions of this hotel!!!!! Is there differences in , say high floors/ low floors, room locations.(i.e. street view etc) I realize that poeple have different views of things, but this is about 50/50 for and against. We are booked in to this hotel and am a bit concerned about what to expect. I realize that if you had an argument with the front desk you may be a bit annoyed, but all I am interested is some honest views of the rooms.

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
133 reviews
from $175.00*
Special Offer
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,101 reviews
from $199.00*
$214.00
New York in One Day Guided...
972 reviews
from $83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,373 reviews
from $36.00*
Sheffield, UK
Level Contributor
367 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Milford Plaza Hotel, opinions please

We stayed for three nights at the Milford Plaza last year, and like you, didn't quite know what to expect after reading some of the Trip Advisor reviews. From my experience it was perfectly fine and excellent value considering the great location. I spend a lot of time on business in London hotels, many frequented by American tourists, and the Milford compares favourably with those.

The hotel is prominently featured in the Virgin holiday brochure in the UK and other tour operator's brochures over here - so maybe we get the best rooms and service so they can keep the business! If you're looking for a luxury break with all the frills, then this isn't the place for you. If you just want a convenient base for touring, it's just the job.

london
Level Contributor
129 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Milford Plaza Hotel, opinions please

I stayed in the Milford Plaza in february and thought the only good thing about it was the location.

The bathroom was especially grubby, we had a lot of noise from what sounded like water pipes from about 4am onwards in the mornings. Being there at such a cold time of year we had to switch the heating on and it was very uncomfortable and stuffy as the windows are painted shut and we couldnt have the heating at a moderate heat only full on or off.

It is also a generally grubby looking place.

It is cheap and a good location but there are a lot of cleaner hotels for the same price

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
145 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Milford Plaza Hotel, opinions please

Hi we stayed there last christmas and had no problems with the place. ive stayed in far wose hotels in london. location is good staff friendly rooms clean and not a bad price compared to what you have to pay to stay in london.

Summerside, Canada
Level Contributor
448 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Milford Plaza Hotel, opinions please

We are just there to see the sights and take in "Mama Mia" and "The Lion King". Will be there from Monday to Thursday.

Thought this was a good location for walking around easily.

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
187 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Milford Plaza Hotel, opinions please

My sister stayed there and she said it was "okay - nothing special". She had no complaints about the cleanliness or service just that it was not as nice as some she has stayed in. No amenities in the bathroom - stuff like that. The location is ideal for tourists.

NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Milford Plaza Hotel, opinions please

The location is convenient but there are others just as convenient for seeing Broadway show.

I'd investigate to see what else may be available the nights you'll be in town. May be worth it to spend a tad more and get something nicer.