We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New York Rangers

Level Contributor
15 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
New York Rangers

After some advice re ice hockey. Hoping to book tickets for NY Rangers on 20 Dec but know very little about ice hockey, coming from UK! For instance does it matter where you sit. At soccer games in UK home and away fans are ALWAYS separated, does this apply at this game ??!! Hope not too daft a question! Also anywhere in Madison Square Garden that it is best NOT to sit? Still quite a few tickets available so don't want to make bad choice. Thanks

nyc
Level Contributor
513 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New York Rangers

It is best to sit in the middle sections, as being too close restricts your view of the entire ice. But avoid the top section"the blue seats" as they are too far up. No, hockey doesn't have the problems of soccer with visiting fans. You can sit anywhere, plus the fans are delighted to have the sport back since last season was cancelled because of an owners lockout. enjoy.

NYC
Level Contributor
290 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: New York Rangers

I have watched hockey at MSG from many vantage points. While up front and in the center is best, you still get to see the action fine from every other seat in the house. The rink takes up a lot of space on the floor, and the guys are big, so you get good views from wherever. I'd just book best available seats for your budget and rest assured you'll enjoy the action from where ever they sit you.

Enjoy.

Level Contributor
15 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New York Rangers

Great advice, thanks. Will book tickets today!!

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New York Rangers

Just came back from the Rangers-Thrashers game. Rangers kicked butt, 5-1 !!! Wooo! Good game, but the Thrashers goalie really just "phoned it in". Our goalie, Ludqvist, is AMAZING - something like 20 saves, including a one-handed catch.

P.S. I just learned that one of the Ranger chants (something with "blah blah su+ks!" in it) is an all purpose insult against the NY Islanders, the hometown rival. This may be yelled out at any time, regardless of what is going on in the actual game.

(I miss our chants from college, esp for a bad referee call: "The ref beats his wife!" Now that's hockey!)