We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

celebs

Northants, UK
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Topic
celebs

not bothered if i spot any or not but where is the best place to possibly see some famous people?

Appley Bridge...
Level Contributor
624 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: celebs

Famous people tend to do average sorts of things. I’ve seen them in line at the grocery store, shopping for records, crossing the street and hailing a taxi. No one place sticks out in my mind as being a sure thing.

I personally really enjoy going out to see live music and I sometimes see celebrities at shows (usually hanging back in a dark corner – so I’m sure I miss more then I see). Other people, who are interested in Broadway, will tell you about specific restaurants in the theater district. I’m sure people who are interested in new artists, and who regularly go to gallery openings, see celebrities that appeal to their interests at those events.

So my advice is to do spend some time researching the things you really love – find all the little quirky out of the way places. Then keep your eyes open (because they’re always shorter/skinner/taller/older in person).

New York, NY
Level Contributor
9,648 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: celebs

Also, you might spot celebs around the theatre district, many are in Broadway shows right now, so the point is to keep your eyes open because as Eastcoastgirl says, they are shorter/older, etc in person.

Nyc (Upper West...
Level Contributor
6,921 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: celebs

Of course, if you are interested in meeting someone in a Broadway show, you can wait at the stage door to see them, get autograph, etc.

Newark, Delaware
Level Contributor
642 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: celebs

Not sure what kind of celebrity you are hoping to see (broadway actor, musician, movie star, tv star)but, they are all around, but, not in a obvious way. We were on 5th avenue waiting for the light to change and saw Davey Johnstone (Elton John's longtime lead guitar player) waiting for the light to change too. We knew it was him especially due to Elton John playing 2 concerts that weekend in NYC (my husband is a musician as well). He was nice enough to autograph a piece of paper for me while my husband snapped a picture of me smiling next to him. We also saw Yoko Ono near Central Park but, she was quickly entering into a vehicle before anybody could get near her. Needless to say, Yoko stands out in a crowd but, Davey doesn't (his girlfriend was more showy ....a not too happy Paris Hilton lookalike).

Mentioned in this post
Central Park
Central Park
114,297 Reviews
New York City, NY
NY
Level Contributor
212 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: celebs

I saw a celebrity chef at Dachshund Day in Washington Square Park (for 2 years in a row-- different tv chefs)

Mentioned in this post
Washington Square Park
Washington Square Park
3,079 Reviews
New York City, NY
Toronto
Level Contributor
597 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: celebs

They are everywhere you just have to keep your eyes open. The shops in Soho seem to be popular. The restaurant Balthazar has always been a sure thing for me. I've seen David Bowie, Brad Pitt, Martha Stewart and Helena Bonham Carter there and the fun thing is that they are sitting at the table next to you.

Central Park is good. Barneys too. I saw Isabella Rosselini at a corner store and she was in her sweats.

Mentioned in this post
SoHo
SoHo
3,674 Reviews
New York City, NY
Balthazar
Balthazar
5,639 Reviews
New York City, NY
Stewart Hotel
Stewart Hotel
5,846 Reviews
New York City, NY
Hotel Carter
Hotel Carter
4,297 Reviews
New York City, NY
Central Park
Central Park
114,297 Reviews
New York City, NY
Barney's
Barney's
103 Reviews
New York City, NY
New York City
Level Contributor
604 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: celebs

57th Street seems to attract celebs. Once I was crossing 57th Street (at Park) next to Paul Newman, and Ben Kingsley was walking towards us. I saw Liza Minnelli on the same block, and rode the escalators at Bergdorf's behind John Travolta.

This topic was recently discussed. Go to

tripadvisor.com/…1749342

Mentioned in this post
The Paul Hotel
The Paul Hotel
807 Reviews
New York City, NY