We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather this Thurs, Fri, Sat, and Sun

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Weather this Thurs, Fri, Sat, and Sun

Hello all,

So we are leaving TOMORROW, I can't believe it! I am looking at the weather and it looks like stormy on Sat and Sun... boo! Can anyone let me know what the weather's looking like this this Thurs, Fri, Sat, and Sun. Thurs and Fri look great, but what's up with the weekend?!?!

Thanks a ton!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,237 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather this Thurs, Fri, Sat, and Sun

chance of thunderstorms... its an August thing. Its how the meteorologists cover their butts... But, be prepared for rain.

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather this Thurs, Fri, Sat, and Sun

Rain doesn't affect much in this city... just each get a small umbrella like a totes--- we carry them everywhere since we don't jump into cars.... If you don't have any you can get them here on any corner for 5-7 dollars and they might even last through the weekend if you are lucky

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather this Thurs, Fri, Sat, and Sun

www.wunderground.com

www.accuweather.com

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather this Thurs, Fri, Sat, and Sun

We are doing the Yankees game at night on Friday at 7:05 pm and then the Statue of Liberty on Saturday afternoon. What will those two events be like? I hope they can get the game in on Friday... :)

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
1,798 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather this Thurs, Fri, Sat, and Sun

To keep you up to date on potential weather --

Tropical Storm (soon to be Hurricane) Danny is projected to impact the Eastern US from North Carolina to Maine this weekend. The exact track and strength is not known yet, so the predicted impact on Manhattan is not yet known.

Having said that, the worst you can probably expect in NYC will be heavy rains and gusty winds for a day. Obviously, that could create problems for outdoor events, boat rides, etc. Subways have been known to encounter flooding problems, but it usually takes a pretty heavy,extended downpour to do that. Flights in and out of the airports may be delayed or cancelled.

Nothing to be scared of -- just view it as a stormy day. And watch out for flying umbrellas !

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather this Thurs, Fri, Sat, and Sun

Grrrreeeeat! Last year when we went to Boston, we hit a bad storm at the end of September... gotta love the east coast, huh?!?! We're not going to let the rain ruin our parade. But from the sounds of things, when we get in this morning, we should probably do a bunch of stuff today, right? What time is the rain supposed to come to NYC? We are doing the Yankees game Friday night...

Any advice on what to see/do today since tomorrow it will start raining cats and dogs?

Thanks a ton!

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather this Thurs, Fri, Sat, and Sun

During this summer, I've often seen the forecast indicating thunder storms. What they dont tell you is that there is a 50% chance of storms - sometimes they happen and sometimes they don't. Also, sometimes they happen when you are safely tucked in bed. Or, they last an hour or so and then it cools down and is beautiful.

Don't sweat it. Take an umbrella in your pack and go about your business. Heck, we hope to be on a beach on Saturday and the heck with the weatherman.

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,543 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather this Thurs, Fri, Sat, and Sun

husker, we're in the same situation - we fly in tonight and out on Monday. This morning's weather showed the storm edging along the coast over the weekend, but since when can the predict a tropical storm/hurricane's path? I'm hoping it blows further out to sea and we're not affected!!

ontario
Level Contributor
94 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather this Thurs, Fri, Sat, and Sun

I'm driving into NYC from Toronto tonight arriving in NYC by noon Sat....should I be worried about the storm?>

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather this Thurs, Fri, Sat, and Sun

I'll give my usual shout-out for the weather crew at our local, all-news CBS radio station as I think they've proven themselves to be the most accurate (no guarantees of course):

http://www.wcbs880.com/topic/weather.php