We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

greenwich village home

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
greenwich village home

I would really like to book this place as I love the village so much and they have availability within my last-minute budget. I saw some older posts about it being illegal and just wondered whether anyone has any current info? As it was reccommended in a more recent thread as somewhere to consider I didn't think this would still apply, I just wanted to check. Many thanks for any advice, it looks like the perfect place.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
7,542 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: greenwich village home

What's the address?

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: greenwich village home

It doesn't say but here's the link in case you recognise the blurb

www.greenwichvillagehome.com

I think older posts referred to it as being on Leroy / Bedford Streets.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
7,542 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: greenwich village home

It's hard to tell if something is legal or illegal without a street address, but at that location, I would be greatly surprised if anything was licensed for a commercial venture.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: greenwich village home

Thanks for your advice, I'll bear it mind and keep looking at other options.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,116 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: greenwich village home

Hello,

Two things,

A Bed and Breakfast in Manhattan does not list their address as they do not want "walk in's" as a bed and Breakfast is classed as a room/apartment in someones home.

Secondly, this is a legal place. The owners live upstairs and they rent their basement unit that has it's own entrance. I remember researching it in the past as the same question was posed some time back.

It is legal in the way they do this. This place came into question some time ago as well. It has been in operation for over 4 or 5 years if I am not mistaken. It is a nice set up as well.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
270 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: greenwich village home

I was proably one of the older posts you read as i stayed here back in November 2005.

I would happily stay again as it is a lovely place to stay. I enjoyed my time spent here.

Carla the owner is very good with her communication and makes you feel right at home. She is a very nice lady to deal with.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: greenwich village home

Those replies are great news, thanks. I'm booked and can't wait. Even more excited about coming back now I can stay in the Village!

8. Re: greenwich village home

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 21, 2010