We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bike Rental - Central Park

McKinney, Texas
Level Contributor
11 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Bike Rental - Central Park

We'll be visiting New York in September and would like to rent bikes to tour Central Park on our own. Just for a couple of hours - basic bikes, nothing fancy.

Any recommendations as to where to rent them?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bike Rental - Central Park

I don't have any personal experience with it, but

www.centralparkbiketour.com/bike_rentals.php

is one that has been mentioned on here before.

Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bike Rental - Central Park

We rented bikes last June for two hours to ride around Central Park on our own - it was lovely as all the flowering trees were out. Unfortunately I don't remember the name of the bike rental company, but it was located on 58th between 7th & 8th. just one block away from the entrance to the park. We wanted to go over to Riverside Drive, but it started to rain. Bring your own water bottles. The bikes wee of a good quality.

I found the company name on the internet, just keep exploring.

We reserved well in advance, but when we arrived that day there were plenty of bikes.

The Boat House in Central Park also has rental bikes, but if I remember correctly they were a little more expensive & didn't open until late, as we wanted to start our trip at 9a.m.

Enjoy.

jamaicadebs

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Bike Rental - Central Park

It really depends on which entrance you are planning on using.

There are two that I know of (cannot remember the name) one on 88th and Lexington Avenue and another on 87th and Lexington Avenue where the rate is around $15.00 to $20.00 for the day (that was a year ago).

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bike Rental - Central Park

Within Central Park, there is also a rental place around the Boathouse.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bike Rental - Central Park

Oops...forgot the link to the prices.

thecentralparkboathouse.com/sections/boats.h…

We are actually thinking of this place, now that it opens earlier. We would like to visit the Dakota, Strawberry Fields after we get it.

https://bikerentalcentralpark.com/

These guys open at 7:30am and offer a discount if booked online.

https://bikerentalcentralpark.com/index.php…

Last, this place below opens at 9am:

bikecentralpark.com/index.php/…

I remember reading somewhere that it says in some places in the park, bicycles are not allowed. Anyone know where?

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
7,542 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bike Rental - Central Park

Bicycles are only allowed on the bike paths in Central Park, of which there are few.You'll be competing with cars for space in the bike lanes. Bikes aren't welcome on pedestrian paths, and will really limit your ability to see most of the park. They're good for a general overview of the place, but not if you're interested in really seeing much.

Cheshire - England
Level Contributor
672 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bike Rental - Central Park

Hello

Rented bike from the place by the boat house and they were in good condition and the guy in charge was very helpfull.

thecentralparkboathouse.com/sections/boats.h…

To cycle round the inner road is about six miles and you can easily do it in under an hour. We likes it so much that in a weeks stay in NY we hired bikes three times!!

8. Re: Bike Rental - Central Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:26 am, February 14, 2010