We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fly into LaGuardia or JFK?

San Jose, Ca
Level Contributor
9 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Fly into LaGuardia or JFK?

I was wondering if one airport is easier than the other for getting to the city. We will be staying @ The Beacon Suites/Upper West Side and will either take a cab or shuttle bus to our hotel.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fly into LaGuardia or JFK?

If you've got a choice, LaGuardia is way closer to Manhattan! But I think your only choices on direct flights from San Jose would be JFK or Newark. Of those two, I'd go with Newark since you're on the west side.

dallas
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fly into LaGuardia or JFK?

I have flown into both airports. LaGuardia is the place to fly. It's closer to the manhattan and is cheaper than JFK regardless of taxi or shuttle. I paid 25 with tip for a taxi to the East Side.

Flushing, NY
Level Contributor
1,567 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fly into LaGuardia or JFK?

JFK is larger, further away from Manhattan, but handles adverse weather circumstances much better. La Guardia is closer, smaller, and experiences departure and arrival delays much more frequently than JFK. Newark is in...well...Newark. It's somewhat convenient to the west side, which is where you are staying. But there are no cabs going into Manhattan from Newark. You'll need to take a bus or a private limo service.

If Jet Blue is flying out of San Jose, take it regardless of which airport you land at. It's streets better than all of the other domestic airlines.