We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fun Latin/Cuban/Mexican, etc Rest. not too expensive in...

Brunswick, Maine
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Fun Latin/Cuban/Mexican, etc Rest. not too expensive in...

Visiting Oct 20-23, will be with my sister and her 16-year-old daugher. We lived in San Salvador for three years and cultivated a taste for real latin american food. My sister loves it hot, hot, hot.

We're hoping to stay in the Murray Hill area, but will be going all over Manhattan. Would love to hit a really good Latin or Mexican restaurant while we are there. Would rather it not be so expensive.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
6,527 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Fun Latin/Cuban/Mexican, etc Rest. not too expensive in...

I though we wore black 'cause it doesn't show the dirt ;-)

Brunswick, Maine
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Fun Latin/Cuban/Mexican, etc Rest. not too expensive in...

China Latina

That's incrediblly interesting. Thanks for the history lesson!

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Fun Latin/Cuban/Mexican, etc Rest. not too expensive in...

BetterthanBings - Muchas gracias! ( I think "thank you" in Mandarin is "shyeh shyeh" (?) so I'll add it, too.) Even though I rarely went to those places, I miss them. There used to be at least one in every neighborhood practically, with odd names like "El Jaguar de China". Thanks again.

Nyc (Upper West...
Level Contributor
6,912 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Fun Latin/Cuban/Mexican, etc Rest. not too expensive in...

If you happen to be in the 90s on the Upper West Side, I recommend the Cuban/Chinese restaurant, La Nueva Victoria 2536 Broadway at 95th Street. If you decide to go, for the Comidas Latinas have the Chicharron de Pollo (sin Huesco), Boneless Fried Chicken (white meat). On the Chinese menue have the House Special Fried Rice.