We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Statue of Liberty tickets Flex vs. Reserved

Cary, N. Carolina
Level Contributor
129 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Statue of Liberty tickets Flex vs. Reserved

I would like to get the SOL passes before we leave Saturday. I am interested in the 3 day flex tickets unless it means waiting in more lines! We plan to be there at 8:00 to see if there are monument passes (they are sold out online).

My question is: what is the downside of the flex tickets--do we have to wait in line to get a ticket for the actual day?

I saw something about not having priority on the ferry--is this likely to happen early in the morning?

Cary, N. Carolina
Level Contributor
129 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Statue of Liberty tickets Flex vs. Reserved

**bump**

Manhattan
Level Contributor
8,863 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Statue of Liberty tickets Flex vs. Reserved

It's less likely to happen early but folks with reserved times get to go to the head of the line so to speak.

Westfield, IN
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Statue of Liberty tickets Flex vs. Reserved

Can someone please tell me if I am thinking this through correctly? As mentioned, the monument passes are all sold out during our trip. So my choices are a reserve or flex ticket. I was thinking of getting a flex ticket. With all the rain that we (and New York) have had, I thought we might want to have our choice of which of the 3 days we go. Does that make sense?

I keep reading about all the lines that people have to wait in. Can you please tell me exactly what lines we would wait in with a flex ticket? There is no way I will be able to get my husband and two teenage sons out the door early in the morning, so we'll never make it to the early ferry.

Level Contributor
56 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Statue of Liberty tickets Flex vs. Reserved

crazy

sold out for trips to the crown until October

oh well

Cary, N. Carolina
Level Contributor
129 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Statue of Liberty tickets Flex vs. Reserved

Has anyone used the flex tickets and found that they had to wait in more lines??

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
4,409 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Statue of Liberty tickets Flex vs. Reserved

Unless they've changed things since my trip in February this year, I found that having a Flex ticket was a better option than going down the Reserved route. Here's why.

1. You get to choose the day within a 3-day time-frame (hopefully one of them will be sunny!).

2. Provided you get there early enough, you can pick up Monument Passes (but not tickets for the crown which sell out very quickly) for that day at Castle Clinton.

3. Again it helps to get there before the first ferry of the day leaves but I found very few people heading straight to the front of the queue because they had a Reserve ticket.

I would add that turning up at 10am or later is asking for trouble - the lines by then can be outrageous!

7. Re: Statue of Liberty tickets Flex vs. Reserved

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 07, 2010