We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest shop for Rayban sunglasses in the city?

London, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Cheapest shop for Rayban sunglasses in the city?

Hi, going tomorrow! and suddenly wondered where will be best for ray-ban's in the city? Bloomingdales or Macy's?

Mentioned in this post
Bloomingdale's
Bloomingdale's
774 Reviews
New York City, NY
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,908 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheapest shop for Rayban sunglasses in the city?

They will likely be the same price at both those stores. Both stores offer out of town visitors an 11% discount if you register at the service desk first with proof of where you live (driver's license is fine). Not sure whether sunglasses are included in that discount (cosmetics are not) but I'd find out. Sunglass Hut is another place to look and Ray Ban is also carried in the optical stores like Cohen's Fashion Optical.

New York NY
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheapest shop for Rayban sunglasses in the city?

I bought mine at Macy's and I absolutely love mine. I did get a discount. I think they'd sent me something similar to the 11% discount Brits get, this was during the recent downturn, they sent something to select local customers. It worked on the Ray Ban sunglasses, polarized, UVA, UVB, UVC protected, they're wonderful.

Mentioned in this post
Uva
Uva
386 Reviews
New York City, NY
New York, NY
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheapest shop for Rayban sunglasses in the city?

Century 21 (accross from the World Trade Center site) has a large (and confusing) section with sun glasses. Most are "last years" styles, but who can tell. I scored a parir of really nice designer sunglasses there last year, regular price (at bloomingdales) $300 - i paid $9.99 (they were in a clearance bin). I have seen $100 glasses for under $50 there. The better ones are in a locked case near the handbags.

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
228 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheapest shop for Rayban sunglasses in the city?

On the last two visits to NYC on each occasion we found some cheap as chips raybans in century 21.

Its a tad hit and miss but worth a look, if you are after aviators I have no idea how much they were as Im not a fan so didnt look, however the Mrs ended up with a pair of raybans on each occasion.

Mentioned in this post
5. Re: Cheapest shop for Rayban sunglasses in the city?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:41 am, December 27, 2009
;