We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels under $200?

Maricopa, Arizona
Level Contributor
328 posts
Save Topic
Hotels under $200?

Hi everyone...

Is it possible in NYC during April/May to find hotels in Manhattan for $200 and under? If so, what sections of the city are the hotels in? If not...what would the average rate be?

Doesn't have to be a fancy hotel, not looking to stay at the Ritz...but a nice enough hotel that will be good for a 10 day trip. Just wondering if our estimate for rates is realistic or if we need to estimate closer to $300 a night for a basic hotel.

Thank you very much!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,929 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels under $200?

I'm afraid all bets are off given the uncertainty of the economy. Hotel rates have come down dramatically since the economic downturn so it's hard to judge what next year will bring. I'd say you would be safe to assume you could find a room for $200-250/night with no problem and might be able to do much better if you hit a sale on travelzoo.com or elsewhere.

A friend came to visit this year in mid/late April and was able to book the Affinia Gardens on a travelzoo special for $169/night. Great hotel for a long stay with kitchens in most suites. Prices in May tend to be higher than April and prices around Easter can also be higher. It's not about an area of the city.

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
970 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels under $200?

Have you checked the comfort inn they could have a good rate. They are opening a new hotel at 44 and 9 ave which seems to have very low rates. They quoted me 118.00 per night in Feb. 2010 so you might want to check it out.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels under $200?

check www.quikbook.com. I'm fairly sure you can find something reasonable. for 10 days, you'll likely want to find something like Eastgate Tower where rooms have a kitchen.

London, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels under $200?

try the wolcott hotel

5. Re: Hotels under $200?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, December 06, 2009