We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yellow Rat B**tard and cheap watches!

Crieff, Scotland
Level Contributor
976 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Yellow Rat B**tard and cheap watches!

Thank you QueenB, e.vill and cbito for pointing me in the direction of this store. If you take the subway to Broadway and canal st it is only a few minutes walk up Broadway and wow what a place- my wanabee goth/punk daughter would have thought she had died and gone to heaven in here- so anyone looking for pressies to teenagers who are too cool to get excited about the pressies you bring back- this is the place to shop. The assistants are too cool to remember any form of manners, the cashier also appeared not to speak English but was only able to grunt at us!!! She must have thought what is a geriatric (well I am 40 so in there eyes that is pension age!) like you doing in here! It was worth it though as daughter was jumping with glee with the Emily Strange top and socks which looked like baseball boots we bought her- and we went for the lesser end of Strange!

Didn't make it to Queen's centre Queenb- I'll need to save that one for my next visit but I thought of you every time I got on the tube (oops subway) and saw the end destination as .......Queens Boulveard!

Down in chinatown we bought lots of knock off watches.

Got a knock off Paul Frank watch(you know with the cheeky

monkey face on it) for £8(about £4.80) which gave daughter some extra street cred at school. It is a hilarious cloak and dagger operation to get the fake rolex watches. It is not like in Singapore or places in Far East where they are all displayed on a table. These African guys whisper rolex to you and ask whether you want a cheap one or a good one, then prodcue watches out of carrier bags- expect to pay about $40 (£24 for the good fakes!)

With the knock-off handbags- the shops in chinatown have wee shops thru the back of the shop and you go into an aladdins cave of fake designer handbags- my husband was demented with me going into all these shops- it's all the same stuff practically in all the shops but it is fun!

Mentioned in this post
Queens
Queens
New York
The Paul Hotel
The Paul Hotel
805 Reviews
New York City, NY
NYC
Level Contributor
3,422 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yellow Rat B**tard and cheap watches!

Tee..hee! Coolness...glad you found the store to you (and your daughter's liking). :-)

Nyc (Upper West...
Level Contributor
6,921 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Yellow Rat B**tard and cheap watches!

A really good post for visitors looking for these type of things.

NYC
Level Contributor
290 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Yellow Rat B**tard and cheap watches!

This is a really good post for people who don't respect copyright and trademark laws and enjoy supporting the mafia and other illegal activities. Way to go!! Teach your children well!!

Crieff, Scotland
Level Contributor
976 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yellow Rat B**tard and cheap watches!

Yo Joe, what's a bit of mafiosa trading between friends!

As we say in Scotland "Wha's like us- damn few and they're aw dead!"

PS I'll send you a glossary so you can translate!!!

Sunderland, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunderland
Level Contributor
6,818 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yellow Rat B**tard and cheap watches!

My son loved Yellow Rat Ba**ard the last time he was in NY..he was 16 then and got some Converse that weren't out in the UK at the time. It is a cool place.

I'm with Joe on the subject of the fake bags however!

Yankee
Level Contributor
7,293 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yellow Rat B**tard and cheap watches!

If babymac from Scotland can find copyright infringing merchandise, you think the proper authorities can't find it? Buy it, it's fun. My wife has 8 real Coach bags. If she wants a fake LV, she'll buy it. Don't preach to me.

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Yellow Rat B**tard and cheap watches!

I read your other chapters, too, and loved the whole report!

Sounds like you did fine "despite" not going to the Queens Center Mall. Glad you thought of me and my moniker! I feel loved!

FYI, the real Queens Boulevard is the long, haunting, deserted road - with asphalt piles and the optician's store with the giant glasses sign - that went from West Egg to The City described in F. Scott Fitzgerald's "Great Gatsby". My English teacher LOVED pointing that out to us every chance he got.

Some say it hasn't improved much since then. ;o)

Mentioned in this post
Queens Center
Queens Center
86 Reviews
Elmhurst, NY
Queens
Queens
New York
The Gatsby Hotel
The Gatsby Hotel
73 Reviews
New York City, NY