We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Information - New Comfort Inn 343 W 44th Street

Gulfport, MS
Level Contributor
147 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Need Information - New Comfort Inn 343 W 44th Street

We are coming to NYC the last of September. We have rooms booked in the Chelsea area, but today I found a great deal on a Comfort Inn that has not yet opened. Could anyone give me some information about the area at 343 W 44th Street? Is it in a good area for transportation and dining? I plan to keep my reservations for Chelsea in case this hotel doesn't open as scheduled. They are accepting reservations starting September 1.

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
970 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Information - New Comfort Inn 343 W 44th Street

This cOMFORT iNN is opening in January.I spoke to the reservationist about a week ago because someone else on this site was asking about the same thing. We both called the hotel and got no answer.They are taking reservations for Sept. on the site but you call and it is a different story.I told them i wanted reservations for Feb.and she checked with manager and he said opening in January. At first she told me the hotel was opened and i told her people on this board had said different so she put me on hold and checked with manager and that is what she came back with.so it is confusing it is also at the corner of 7 avenue and 44 street. if that helps

New York City
Level Contributor
17,258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Information - New Comfort Inn 343 W 44th Street

343 West 44th Street cannot be at the corner of Seventh Avenue. In order for it to be at the corner of Seventh, its address would have to be something like 170 West 44th (because 200, which is the address you would expect for the corner, is in the middle of Times Square.) This address tells me that the hotel is on the block between Eighth and Ninth, and closer to Ninth. With all the great restaurants that are on Ninth Avenue now, this is actually a pretty good place for dining. You also have an entrance to the 42nd Street station of the A/C/E trains on the Eighth Avenue corner.

Gulfport, MS
Level Contributor
147 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Information - New Comfort Inn 343 W 44th Street

Thanks GWB for your information! According to Google Earth, this address is between 8th and 9th Avenues as you stated. I have a confirmed reservation for the dates I requested. I will wait until September to cancel and keep my other reservation. If anyone has more information, it would be greatly appreciated.

Manhattan
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Information - New Comfort Inn 343 W 44th Street

GWB is right. There's no new construction near 7th and 44th, but there is construction between 9th and 8th, close to 8th, on 44th. I think it's across from Birdland.

MSRuby, you ask if it's good for transportation and dining. It's great for both. The A train practically runs under it. And at 44th and Ninth, the string of charming little restaurants begins its northward run.

Too bad it's not open until January, and shame on them for such a misleading site.

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
970 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Need Information - New Comfort Inn 343 W 44th Street

sry meant ninth ave

Gulfport, MS
Level Contributor
147 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need Information - New Comfort Inn 343 W 44th Street

Thanks for your information irisblue55 and tourguidestan! I received a second confirmation for my requested dates today. I will just hold onto it and see if they open in September. I know when something sounds too good to be true that it usually is. I won't cancel my Chelsea reservations until I know for sure that they are open.

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
970 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Need Information - New Comfort Inn 343 W 44th Street

So is this a brand new hotel they are building?The area looks really nice.

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
301 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need Information - New Comfort Inn 343 W 44th Street

Be sure to keep your other reservations. The same thing happened to me in Chicago with a new Comfort Suites that took resevations on line, was planning to open, but didn't, and kept pushing forward the opening day. I got an email two days before I left town that they could not honor my request. I had called the hotel directly to get the latest information so I was prepared with my backup reservations!

england
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Need Information - New Comfort Inn 343 W 44th Street

does any one have a telepohne number for this hotel as i cant seem to find it. as i have made a reservation and need to check to see if i need to make another reservation else where as i dont want to turn up and its not even open!! please help

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
970 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Need Information - New Comfort Inn 343 W 44th Street

milly3000 When are your reservations?