We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Standard hotel room with room for rollaway?

Suburb of San...
Level Contributor
179 posts
Save Topic
Standard hotel room with room for rollaway?

I am trying to find a standard hotel room for a family of 4 (since the suites are all close to $300) that would be able to fit a rollaway in addition to 2 double/queen beds. Any suggestions. We are trying to stay in the midtown area. Currently have a Red Roof inn resv but now room for roll-away.

Thanks for any advice

Best Seller
New York in One Day Guided...
1,246 Reviews
from $89.99*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
149 Reviews
from $175.00*
Best Seller
NYC One World Trade Center...
552 Reviews
from $34.00*
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Standard hotel room with room for rollaway?

There's a LaQuinta across the street from Red Roof. Some of the rooms are TINY, and others are VERY large by NY standards. I wish I could remember the room numbers for you. We had two beds and still had PLENTY of room. The bathroom was much smaller than other rooms we've had at the same hotel, but I was shocked at how large the room was (my brother, just across the hall from us, had the tinnest 2 bed room I've ever seen, though).

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Standard hotel room with room for rollaway?

Would the extra cost of a rollaway ($20-50/night) mean that it wouldn't be any (or much) more costly to book a moderately-priced suite, such as the Embassy Suites or one of the Affinia apartment-style hotels [e.g., Eastgate Tower] previously suggested to you?

Just so you know... whether a hotel offers a rollaway does not necessarily depend on its own preference or even the size of the rooms; our local fire code's re: hotel occupancy may also prohibit the use of a rollaway even though we all would think there's room for one. And the indication on a hotel's website that rollaways are available doesn't mean they would agree to put one in your room: rollaways are often only permitted in rooms with 1 bed.

Have you priced the Courtyard Marriott Manhattan/Midtown East, on Third Avenue? Their standard rooms include 2 queen beds plus a small sleep sofa.

Based on room size alone [the website seems silent on the issue], I'd say call the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square North & ask if they will put a rollaway in one of their 2-bedded rooms. All their rooms come equipped with a microwave, coffee maker & compact refrigerator which are not only convenient but also help you save some money.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
104,056 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Standard hotel room with room for rollaway?

I can't believe that ALL the suite hotels are $300/night. Have you looked at

affinia.com

What are your dates? Are you saying you need 3 beds (one for 2 people and 2 more for 1 person each?)

Suburb of San...
Level Contributor
179 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Standard hotel room with room for rollaway?

The rooms I have seen are definitely in the high $200s for the beds I would like. When your kids get to a certain age they don't want to share a bed with a sibling (or anyone else). Looking for a room with 2 doubles and then a sofa/sofabed or room for a rollaway. It is just hard to justifying spending $100-$150 more than our basic $151 hotel room just to get separate sleeping spaces for the kids.

Thanks for all the advice. I keep checking but the prices seem to be rising.

Suburb of San...
Level Contributor
179 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Standard hotel room with room for rollaway?

BTW-I called the La Quinta and they don't have rollaways. Too bad since it sounds like they have some bigger rooms.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Standard hotel room with room for rollaway?

They lie LOL. Maybe they just can't put them in the double rooms? We've had a roll away in a single at that LaQuinta (last May) so I'm certain they have them.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Standard hotel room with room for rollaway?

kona, what are the dates of your stay?

Canada/Australia
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Standard hotel room with room for rollaway?

My boys are 20 and 23 and would never question having to sleep together. They always have, I've never given them an option, and if I had a boy and a girl I would sleep with the girl and my husband with the boy.

9. Re: Standard hotel room with room for rollaway?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:23 am, October 26, 2009