We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis and minibuses

Suffolk
Level Contributor
40 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Taxis and minibuses

We are a family of ten travelling to New York at Easter, we are wondering how many people a taxi holds and will they have minibuses at JFK.

Best Seller
New York in One Day Guided...
1,240 Reviews
from $89.99*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
149 Reviews
from $175.00*
Best Seller
NYC One World Observatory...
551 Reviews
from $34.00*
New York NY
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxis and minibuses

Although you might be able to split your family into two Minivan taxi's, I think you'd be much better off prearranging a "people carrier" through All State. Keep in mind they're not really called "People Carriers" here but I've never had much luck saying "full size van" in the UK.

All State's website is www.allstatelimo.com, their direct dial is +1 212 333 3333

I've needed a sedan to go out to the airport a couple times and they've had the 12 - 16 passenger vehicles going for other purposes so I've had the privilege of the van all to myself at the sedan price. The vans have always been very new, very nice and very high-end. They're not like the dirty Super Shuttle vans which are terrible.

I don't know whether Dial 7 or Carmel do vans but you can check with them. www.dial7.com Dial 7's direct dial is +1 212 777 7777

Once you get in from the airport, you'll find public transport is much easier than trying to find minivan cabs or trying to take three cabs.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
5,032 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxis and minibuses

3 taxis, or car service as was already suggested.

Also, will second using the subway once you get into the city, will be much easier, cheaper, and actually often much faster.

3. Re: Taxis and minibuses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, October 19, 2009