We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much for 4 nights?

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
How much for 4 nights?

Hi Guys,

I am a regular on TA but not the New York forum.

I am going to New York end of Nov beginning of Dec for a wedding.

I have never been to the USA before so looking for any advice people have regarding safety.

I am looking for a hotel or apartment to rent for 4 days. How much should I expect to pay?

- The wedding is in central park

-I will be going on my own

-I have a limited budget,so not looking for 4 or 5 star accommodation.

Best Seller
New York in One Day Guided...
1,245 Reviews
from $89.99*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
149 Reviews
from $175.00*
Best Seller
NYC One World Trade Center...
551 Reviews
from $34.00*
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much for 4 nights?

First, forget the idea of renting an apartment. There are a plethora of scams and many vacation rentals are illegal in NYC.

You need to decide on a nightly budget and then start checking hotel rates on a site like www.quikbook.com

I don't know quite what you mean about advice regarding safety. Are you going to be doing something dangerous while you're here?

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much for 4 nights?

Thanks,I'll check out the link.

Re safety: As I am going on my own, just tips for places not to go late at night.

I will be exploring in and around NYC maybe taking in a show and don't want to feel too isolated.

Nyc (Upper West...
Level Contributor
6,926 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: How much for 4 nights?

There is not any show or any place you will be going that will not be safe.

4. Re: How much for 4 nights?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, October 18, 2009