We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanks to all

Austin, TX
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Thanks to all

I just got back from NYC last night. Thanks to all of the advise that I learned from this forum. My wife and I had a wonderful time.

We stayed at the Comfort Inn on 46th. The room was clean and quiet. The complementary breakfast was a great way to start the day. It was also very conveniently located and well worth $160/night.

Food:

We ate at John's Pizzeria on 44th twice. Had pizza one night and pasta the next. Very good food at prices comparable to Texas.

We ate at Mesa Grill on Friday night which was very nice and great food.

On Saturday, we went to Pearl Oyster House in the Village. It was very good, but get there early since it is a small place.

Sights:

We bought the City Pass and it was worth the price just for the ability to skip the ticket lines.

The most suprising aspect of the whole trip was how close together everything is. I have grown up in Texas, so my perspective of looking at a map and judging distances made things seem alot further away from each other than they actually were. This was a pleasant suprise since walking around and enjoying the architecture was one of the best parts of the trip.

We used Carmel Limo to get to and from Newark. Excellent service except for one thing. I was not aware that I needed to call them once my plane arrived and I had my luggage. Not that big of a deal though.

Overall, an amazing first trip to the city.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,975 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanks to all

So glad you had a good trip. Could you tell us more about the City Pass and skipping lines. Where did you buy the pass (from whom) how much was it and what did it include? Is this the 2 day pass from Grayline? Sorry for all the questions but people are always asking. What lines were you able to skip?

Austin, TX
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanks to all

The City Pass is http://citypass.com/city/ny.html

It is available at any of the 6 locations that participate. We bought ours at the Circle Line Cruise dock. It was $53 each. The best part is that it contains actual tickets so we didn't have to stand in the ticket line at the ESB or MOMA. At MOMA we were able to walk right in and at the Museum of Natural History we were able to go to the members desk to get our ticket. Those were the only four sights that we went to using it.