We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

elevators at Marriott Marquise update

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
506 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
elevators at Marriott Marquise update

We are here at the Marriott Marquis, checked in on Sat. The elevator situation seems to have been solved. We have seldom had to wait more than a minute or 2. The most maybe was 5 mins. I am not sure if this is a new system, but you enter your floor number on a keypad by the elevator banks and it tells you which elevator (they have assigned letters) to wait by and when your elevator arrives, the numbers are already entered and cannot be changed. We can still see that they do not have all the elevators working and the hotel seems full, so not sure what the change is.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: elevators at Marriott Marquise update

I've been there to meet people a few times over the last weeks. The problem I encountered every time was that you enter the number, the elevator comes, and there's no room to squeeze in! Then you've got to dash back to the keypad and try again. Glad you had an easy time. I have to say I found it frustrating, and I wasn't even a guest at the hotel.