We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thanks for nothing

all over
7 posts
Save Topic
thanks for nothing

a little google and everything is peachy!

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
6,528 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: thanks for nothing

Dolly - very loud LOL!

Marina del Rey...
Level Contributor
157 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: thanks for nothing

dirtygirl - I don't think he was being pompous either. Most questions can be answered if you do a little research on this site, whether it's looking up a hotel for the reviews or searching for a particular topic.

Dublin
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: thanks for nothing

Very true, blackmistressdiva.

Level Contributor
368 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: thanks for nothing

"Thanks for nothing."

That blade cuts both ways. I've seen numerous posts where a visitor to the city asks a question, a regular responds, and the person making the inquiry never acknowledges the info:

My favorite (I can't remember if Bettina, Ruffian, Voyegereuse, NYWhiz, or MaidentoneNick answered this question.)

Hi! :)

I'm coming to N.Y. from Saginaw, Texas and am wondering if anyone can tell me the best place near Times Square to buy homeade Catfish Bait Soap.

Thanks,

Wheezer

N.Y.C. has tons of places to buy Catfish Bait Soap but keep in mind that most New Yorkers simply would rather catch their own Catfish Bait than buy it, so the price is pretty high.

That being said, you didn't say how much Catfish bait you need. "Chum's" on W. 44th sells it by the pound which will bait about 75 or 100 hooks.

If you need larger quantities, I'm afraid you'll have to go to Dumbo. Take the subway to Jay Street.

There's a place next to a tailor shop that carry's "Redneck's".

Hope this helps.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: thanks for nothing

I'm new a posting here, but have been reading and lurking (and using great advice) for a long time, for big trips to NYC and London. And I am continually amazed at the seemingly neverending patience of local experts and members here. They answer the same question over and over again with grace and generosity. That answer wasn't pompous. It was a gentle way of suggesting a better use of time and energy.

And I am also so happy now to know where to get catfish bait soap!!!! I was just wondering about that this morning...

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: thanks for nothing

I'm new a posting here, but have been reading and lurking (and using great advice) for a long time, for big trips to NYC and London. And I am continually amazed at the seemingly neverending patience of local experts and members here. They answer the same question over and over again with grace and generosity. That answer wasn't pompous. It was a gentle way of suggesting a better use of time and energy.

And I am also so happy now to know where to get catfish bait soap!!!! I was just wondering about that this morning...

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: thanks for nothing

oops. Sorry for posting twice. There's a reason I'm new at this. Because I'm bad at it.