We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with kids

Montreal
Level Contributor
698 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel with kids

I am visting NYC for 3 nights. Any hotel recommendations (4 star) within walking distance to some sights and suitable for children. Thanks

Best Seller
New York in One Day Guided...
1,239 Reviews
from $89.99*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
149 Reviews
from $175.00*
Best Seller
NYC One World Observatory...
550 Reviews
from $34.00*
NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with kids

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k234166-…

Montreal
Level Contributor
698 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel with kids

thanks broadway, but I do not need a kitchenette as I do not cook when I am away!! So I need a hotel near some delis that sort of thing....

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
198 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel with kids

Try the Novotel. It is a French type of hotel and my family just stayed there for three nights last week. It is on 52nd St. and Broadway and we really enjoyed our stay there. They have 33 floors and some rooms have a Times Square view which is very beautiful, especially at night for $20.00 more per night. If you are interested in that ask for a room that ends on 03,04, or 05 for the best view. The subway station is only 2 blocks away.

NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel with kids

Almost any 4 star hotel would be suitable for children.

I'm not sure what you mean about that?

Montreal
Level Contributor
698 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel with kids

A pool would be great...

NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel with kids

ah, okay

when people ask about suitable for children, I'm always puzzled by that

if they say pool then it narrows it down quite a bit

NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel with kids

there are 18 according to nyc.com

http://www.nyc.com/hotels/swimming_pool.aspx

syracuse, ny
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel with kids

How old are your kids? Are you sure you're going to really use a pool?

One thing I noticed with my kids (and they're fish!) is that they never missed a pool in NYC. Just about every other place else, we've needed one but not there.

I guess if your children are under 6 or 7 years old a pool is a great back up. Otherwise, consider all there is to do in NY and that you'll only be there 3 nights.

My husband loves going to NYC because when we've a little down time in the room, we read or play a game, other places he's the designated playmate in the pool.

Pacifica, CA
Level Contributor
67 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel with kids

We recently stayed at the Lucerne and saw many families with young children there. It does not have a pool but is in a safe neighborhood with lots of restaurants, delis, and shops. We opted for a suite with a small kitchenette - not to cook (perish the thought) - but to be able to store cold drinks, leftovers, snacks, etc. We mostly ate out but did get bagels from nearby H & H for breakfast.

Now this is not a 5 star deluxe establishment but a nice, comfortable, friendly place that we would happily return to. It is also just two blocks to the Natural History Museum and Central Park and one block to the subway.

I have only stayed at one other hotel in New York many years ago so I can't really compare the Lucerne to others but hopes this gives you some helpful information.

I have also heard the nearby Excelsior is a good option.

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
309 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel with kids

Doubletree Guest Suites in Times Square is very popular with families. Each suite has a living room with a sleep sofa and a bedroom with either a king bed or 2 doubles/queens. Each suite has a mini-fridge and microwave. There is no pool. It's in the heart of Times Square, but very safe and the rooms are quiet. There are 2 TVs (one in the living room, one in the bedroom).