We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving Day dinner buffet

miami, fl
5 posts
Save Topic
Thanksgiving Day dinner buffet

Can anyone recommend a restaurant that serves a good Thanksgiving Day dinner buffet? (preferably close to the Theater district)

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanksgiving Day dinner buffet

Buffets are very unusual in New York City. I am familiar with how Florida has lots of buffets but New York is much different.

I'm often astounded at the extreme difference between dining in Florida vs dining in New York City.

Florida is all about buffets and the focus is on quantity over quality. New York on the other hand is all about fine-dining. The concept of all-you-can-eat is just a completely foreign (and often unpleasant) concept to most New Yorkers.

If you let us know your price range we can probably suggest some good options but I'm doubtful we'll find any buffets like you'd find in Florida. Dining is just a much different concept in NYC vs. Florida. I hope this is helpful, sorry it isn't exactly what you're looking for.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,548 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanksgiving Day dinner buffet

Agree that buffets are not big in Manhattan and when you find them, they're usually very expensive all you can eat affairs in hotels. In fact the only buffet I can find online in Manhattan is this cruise for $175/person which actually sounds lovely

http://www.zerve.com/SailNYC/ThanxMan

Here's a link to the opentable list of T'giving offerings (there are more restaurants that are not listed here). You'll see some buffets but not in Manhattan. Puttanesca is in the theater district and a good restaurant so their 4 course $39.95 dinner (with free second helping of turkey) is good value imo.

http://www.opentable.com/promo.aspx?m=8&pid=1

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
349 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanksgiving Day dinner buffet

Its not close to the theatre district but the Millennium United Nations Ambassador Grill does a buffet

millenniumhotels.com/millenniumunplazanewyor…

We had Christmas lunch there last year and the food was plentiful and refilled regularly. They also serve unlimited champagne in the cost. We found it to be very good value. The room is not huge and perhaps lacks alittle ambience but the staff were excellent and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
349 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanksgiving Day dinner buffet

Re my last posting I've just realized its only lunch(2 sittings) not dinner-sorry!

miami, fl
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Thanksgiving Day dinner buffet

Thanks to all that replied. We'll check out the opentable website & Puttanesca.

6. Re: Thanksgiving Day dinner buffet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, October 12, 2009