We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! nywhiz/Bettina

Lancashire UK
Level Contributor
179 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Help! nywhiz/Bettina

I took your advice and tried to book a limo for 7 with tel aviv or carmel but because we have golf bags as well as luggage they will only provide a van. However Abes limo's (got his details off the site limos.com)said they would manage to fit the luggage in. We tried to book but his website doesn't work and he wants card details to hold the booking. These had to be given over the phone or via e-mail. We are a liitle worried about doing this without a recommendation that they are a reliable company. He probably is a genuine guy but have you heard of this firm?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,029 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! nywhiz/Bettina

I have never heard of Abe's nor would I provide any credit details to Abe :) I think with 7 people you must have a van. Would be curious to know the price of a van from Carmel or Tel Aviv vs what Abe would charge and what sort of transport he has.

On the JFK website here

http://www.panynj.gov/aviation/jgtsfram.htm

There are 1 or 2 other limo cos. listed.

My final advice, don't be penny wise and pound foolish. It's possible Carmel and Tel Aviv don't have any vans available for your day/time but I guarantee if they can't accomodate 7 plus luggage and clubs in anything less than a van, neither will anyone else.

New York City
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! nywhiz/Bettina

Hi,

I've mentioned this before, I meet people at JFK for a tour company. The people at the Ground Transportation desk have been very helpful. Their recommendations for larger groups are:

All County. This is a private van and holds 10 people. Cost $60.00 plus tolls. 800 914 4223 You don't need 10 people to book it, it's a flat fee for the van.

Westchester Express 718 322 2603

The people at the Ground Transporation desk tell me that it usually takes about 15 minutes for either of these services to arrive at the terminal after they have been contacted by Ground Trans.

If you don't want to give out credit info. over the phone, this might be a good alternative. The people at Ground Trans. arrange it for you upon your arrival at JFK.

Gerry

Lancashire UK
Level Contributor
179 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! nywhiz/Bettina

Thanks both of you for your reply. It's a comfort to be able to seek advice from knowledgeable people.I shall certainly heed what you have to say. I think I tried westchester express and got confused with their site. As I want to surprise my friends I will continue to try to prebook a limo if poss. Otherwise a van will have to do.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,029 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help! nywhiz/Bettina

From your last reply I now understand you want a limo rather than a more utilitarian looking van. There are plenty of long stretch limos around. It's true Carmel and Tel Aviv may not have any available. What about a stretch SUV like this?

https://carmellimo.com/WebApp/fleet.jsp

Lancashire UK
Level Contributor
179 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help! nywhiz/Bettina

Thanks nywhiz your'e up early! I have e-mailed westchester and all county I shall also try what you suggested but carmel site is a bit of a pain to use. I have so many security blocks on my computer at home that the field that requires destination address doesn't let me fill it in, so I'll have to wait while I am a school (you guessed I'm a teacher) to access their site. we get free use of the net all day and my boss let's us use it for personal info. Let you know how I go on. As a last resort i'll ring if can't get any joy..