We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Suggestions

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
314 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Suggestions

I will be in NYC in Sept. I am thinking of a few restaurants that I would like to try and wondered if anyone had an suggestions/comments/other recomendations, etc.

21 Club (we have reservations for the pre-theater menu)

Grammercy tavern Bar Room

db Moderne for the fois gras burger

Kitchen 22/82

Otto's

Anything would be great. We love to eat and love good food.

New York City
Level Contributor
774 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

I've been to Kitchen 22/82 and enjoyed them both. Not sure if either is worth going out of your way for, but I think they offer a very good value, good food, and attractive rooms. Kitchen 22 can get loud, and there is often a wait. Kitchen 82 seems a little more spacious.

I've heard the pizza and gelato at Otto are particularly good. For Italian I also like Cacio e Pepe (East Village) and Pepolino (TriBeCa).

You might also want to check out chowhound.com (food bulletin board) and menupages.com for feedback/menus.

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,727 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

I think your choices are very good. Grammercy will be your big splurge meal, enjoy it. Otto should be fun. The appetizers are the house's strengths and the olive oil gelato for dessert.

I think the foie gras burger is gimmicky.,...but understand why folks want to try it. Not something you see much elsewhere (anywhere!!)

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
5,597 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Suggestions

Grammercy Tavern for lunch gets a definite 5 star from me. Good price, good food, good service!