We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

xmas lights

tipperary
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
xmas lights

hey coming to new york (best city ever) on the 3rd of janurary will d xmas lights be still on ....i relly cant wait!!!!!!! i love new york and my sis is coming for her first time i cant wait to c her face when she gets sees d high rise buildings and the sites . its amazing

Best Seller
New York in One Day Guided...
1,245 Reviews
from $89.99*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
149 Reviews
from $175.00*
Best Seller
NYC One World Trade Center...
551 Reviews
from $34.00*
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
104,019 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: xmas lights

Xmas lights generally stay up til the weekend after New Year's.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: xmas lights

Believe it or not, the best place to see the xmas lights are not in Rockefeller Center, but in the Dyker Heights neighborhood of Brooklyn. The lights are so amazing the Hassidic Jews come in buses to see them.

House after house competes to see who can have the biggest, wildest, and most extravagant lighting displays. These are big budget displays.

Nyc (Upper West...
Level Contributor
6,926 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: xmas lights

They will still be up when you get there.

Mineola, New York
Level Contributor
6,407 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: xmas lights

You'll also find lots of great looking Christmas Lights at that time of the year too!

tipperary
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: xmas lights

tats geat cant wait to see the rocka feller centre lite up ive only seen it in pictures looks amazing

Lincoln, UK
Level Contributor
239 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: xmas lights

Hi happy028

We are visiting NY the week before xmas and have booked the Christmas Lights Tour of Brooklyn

operated by BNKY (a Slice of Brooklyn Bus Tours) its

run by a guy called Tony Muia. We booked through Zerve.

I have had a look on the net and they look awsome.

I am like a kiddy in a sweety shop when it comes to the whole xmas so looking forward to seeing NY full of the xmas spirit.

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
123 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: xmas lights

Hi Dogsbody, that tour looks superb, I am going to be in NY between 11th Dec and 18th Dec and am aminly coming for the xmas lights/festivities etc Thank you to the poster who mentioned Dyker Heights as I had never heard of it but it looks superb. Is Dyker heights easy enough to get to if you weren't going via an organised tour?

tipperary
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: xmas lights

me too i relly cant wait for the lights they look unreal,,,,,, i love new york city

Lincoln, UK
Level Contributor
239 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: xmas lights

If you type in Dyker Heights Xmas Lights on TI Forum you will get info on doing it alone.

Hope this helps

10. Re: xmas lights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, October 07, 2009