We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rainbow Room

DF
London, UK
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Rainbow Room

Hello

I've seen a few recommendations for drinks at the Rainbow Room to watch the view. Their website says 'jacket and tie' for dining, is the bar less formal?

Thanks for any advice

D

Birmingham UK
Level Contributor
61 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rainbow Room

You will actually be visiting the Rainbow Grill (the Rainbow Room is a very exclusive dinner and dance type affair that is only open at the weekend!), and yes the dress code is less formal. I'm not sure what the actual dress code is but would recommend shoes, trousers or smart jeans, and a shirt or jumper, ie no sportswear!!! A tie and jacket is not neccesary!

Hope this helps

Leon

DF
London, UK
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rainbow Room

Thanks, Leon

According to their website, even the grill is jacket/tie, but we might chance it anyway!

Cheers

D

Birmingham UK
Level Contributor
61 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rainbow Room

We were there last Wednesday and whilst meny of the men had jacket and ties, I didn't have either! in fact there was someone in front of us in jeans and he didn't have a problem getting in! I'm sure you will be OK, just sit back with a Bellini and enjoy the view!

Level Contributor
6,927 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rainbow Room

thinking of going here for lunch on the 24th, and eating in the bar, will only want a burger or something similar, should we book.

We will be going to Radio city mid afternoon so thought this would be a good venue.

London, UK
13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Rainbow Room

Rainbow Room is a great place and worth the visit.

IMHO I think you shouldnt think in terms of what you can get away with, but rather dress for the quality of the place you believe you are going to. It is an elegant place. Dress that way and you will enjoy the experience more.