We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best way to buy B'way tix in advance

San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
best way to buy B'way tix in advance

I am in Calif. I'm coming to NYC for Christmas week. i want to see a musical while there. I don't want to buy the discounted same-day tickets (in Times Sq?), but would rather buy them in advance online. Anyone have any tips about the best way to do that? Is there a website that is better or cheaper than the others? Are any of them known to have less desirable seats. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Glasgow,Scotland
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: best way to buy B'way tix in advance

www.broadwaybox.com & www.playbill.com have some discount codes. Full-price tics can be bought through www.telecharge.com & www.ticketmaster.com

have fun!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,754 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best way to buy B'way tix in advance

Register for free at broadwaybox.com I think they list all the available discount codes. Write down the codes for the shows that interest you. Then PHONE the number they give you and find out what seats are available on your dates. If you don't like the seats available with a discount, you always have the option of buying full priced seats I think on the same phone call. It would be a good idea to also print out the seating chart from the theaters you want. Seating charts can be found on playbill.com I think.

San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: best way to buy B'way tix in advance

Great tips! Thanks so very much. I got my ticket for Wonderful Town for $65, instead of $121!!! Wheeeeeeee!!

This is a terrific website, and you're all very generous people to help out us giddy tourists. :-D

Thanks,

Terri

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
99 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: best way to buy B'way tix in advance

Hi!

I am also going the week of Christmas and wanted to know where you went to get your discounted tickets? Thanks for the help!!

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,204 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best way to buy B'way tix in advance

I've had luck with www.theatermania.com. I didn't call them and talk to a person - I just ordered online and had no problems. I was able to look at a seating chart and choose the seats I wanted. I ordered far enough in advance for the tickets to be mailed to me. I also used broadwaybox once. I've seen Chicago, 42nd St., and Toxic Audio, all for a discount, and all great shows.

San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: best way to buy B'way tix in advance

Jewels, I went to broadwaybox.com. I selected the name of the show that I was interested in, and it gave me a new page with a discount code and instructions on how to purchase. I purchased them online, using the link that was given to me on this page.

Good luck!

Aurora, Colorado
Level Contributor
260 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best way to buy B'way tix in advance

pindert, I too am looking for tickets on broadwaybox, theatremania, playbill - but the dates I need are from 12/27 to 1/31 and these seem to be blacked out of the discounts for shows we are looking at (bombay dreams, the producers, mamma mia, hairspray, movin out)... Seems like none of the discounts are valid during the week between christmas and new years... Anyone have any other ideas about how to get discounted tickets for that time of year?

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,746 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best way to buy B'way tix in advance

This time of year is soooo busy... I would just buy them at regular prces through the links given on playbill.com, you'll have a lot of peace of mind having them in advance.

Level Contributor
119 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best way to buy B'way tix in advance

TKTS BOOTH(S) - located downtown at S. Street Seaport or one in times square. It is a theatre devolpment program where you get tix for the day of performances for 1/2 price....literally. Seats are not bad either. As a 24 y/o NY er I use it all the time for me and my girlfriend. Seats are usually good too. I also have a great discount guide for advance purchases. Email me if you want it.

Hope it helps,

KC

syrus16@aol.com