We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant on the night of Proposal?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
234 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant on the night of Proposal?

Hi

Was looking for a nice restaurant that my girlfriend and I could go to on the night I propose(not at the restaurant).

Looking for seafood or italian cuisine.

Trying not to take out a loan to cover the cost, but was thinking of Foley's, Redeye Grill, Blue Fin... I don't know much about that boat ride around Manhattan dinner?

Portskewett, United...
Level Contributor
835 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Restaurant on the night of Proposal?

I have to agree with Bettina - go for the River Cafe if you can get a reservation and ask for a window table.

I went there last week for my 40th birthday and it was out of this world - the view is spectacular and the food brilliant - the service is impeccable without being snobby - especially the bar staff who have a wicked sense of humour.

Go early for a window table -we had booked for 8.30pm and the early diners were still on the window tables so we elected to wait for the next one but it didn't come free until after 9.00pm

A young couple got engaged whilst we were there and the restaraunt gave them free drinks to celebrate. As it was my birthday they gave us 2 extra desserts - they really make a fuss of you if you have an occasion.

Will admit its relatively expensive but we went for Champagne and several cocktails - if we hadn't had that the the meal is a fixed pice of $78 per person plus tax and tip

Its in my top 2 best meals ever!

Congratulations in advance