We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Trying to find a hotel for six

New York
Level Contributor
16 posts
Help! Trying to find a hotel for six

I'm hoping that someone out there can help me find a hotel for one night for my family of six. Were looking to do some school shopping down in the city along with some sightseeing. It for 2 adults and 4 children (ages 12,7,5,4). We are traveling from the Albany area and are hoping to find something outside of the city to control the cost. I'd rather be able to shop longer! Any advice or shopping tips (good places for children's clothes/sneakers) would be really helpful. My children are really looking forward to their shopping excursion. Thanks!

Bremerton...
Level Contributor
333 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: Help! Trying to find a hotel for six

I believe the Affinia hotels (Affinia Manhattan, Affinia Dumont) have one bedroom suites that sleep six. Of the two, the Affinia Manhattan is very near Macy's if that is one place you plan on shopping. Also, the Marriott Courtyard Midtown East has rooms with two queens and a sofabed.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
105,237 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: Help! Trying to find a hotel for six

You have to tell us how many beds you need (ie can all the kids share?) and what you would like to pay. Are you driving? Is the trip solely for shopping or do you intend on doing some sightseeing? If it's just shopping, you might be better going to Woodbury Commons outlet mall, a little over an hour north of NYC. It will be easier shopping with all the stores in one place and the hotels near it will certainly be cheaper than near NYC.

premiumoutlets.com/outlets/directions.asp…

3. Re: Help! Trying to find a hotel for six

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, October 06, 2009