We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confused about Salisbury sofa beds - queen vs. double

Iowa
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Confused about Salisbury sofa beds - queen vs. double

Can anyone that has stayed in a "junior suite" at the Salisbury Hotel help me? When I booked it, they said it was a king bed and queen sofa bed. When I just called to re-confirm, they said it was a double sofa bed. She said that they don't have any queen sized beds. Expedia says the sofa beds are queen sized. This might be for my husband and me, and although we can handle a queen, we most certainly can't handle a double. Anybody in the know? Thanks.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Confused about Salisbury sofa beds - queen vs. double

A couple of frequent contributors here have recently stayed at the Salisbury -- Ange/22 Seconds, and MaidstoneNic. I'm sure they'll post back if they can help. My advice though, would be to trust what the hotel says over what Expedia says.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Confused about Salisbury sofa beds - queen vs. double

If I were you, I would call the hotel again tomorrow and ask to speak with the head of housekeeping or whoever else is in a position to confirm or deny what you were told today.

While I'm sure both Ange and Maidstone Nic will post and try to help once they see your query, they are both English and I'm not sure will be aware of the critical 6-inch difference in those two American mattress sizes.

Bel
London, United...
Level Contributor
248 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Confused about Salisbury sofa beds - queen vs. double

I'm not sure about the US sizes but the sofa bed in our suite at the Salisbury would be called a double in the UK and was plenty big enough for me and my husband. Also had 2 double beds in bedroom which I think were smaller than the sofa bed, though I couldn't swear to that, so maybe they were US doubles - two children easily fitted in one.

Iowa
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Confused about Salisbury sofa beds - queen vs. double

Thanks for your help - when you have an adult-sized 14 year old boy that flails in his sleep, and you don't want him to crush his younger brother, it gets challenging!

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
4,409 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Confused about Salisbury sofa beds - queen vs. double

Sorry, only just spotted this post. Would agree with Bel and I would guess that it was a 5ft wide sofa-bed.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Confused about Salisbury sofa beds - queen vs. double

I missed this too! Although I'd agree with bel & Nic, the sofa was definately double as opposed to our queen in the bedroom.