We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the Kimberly too far out?

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Is the Kimberly too far out?

It gets great reviews and we got it cheaper than Doubletree or Embassy Suites, nothing else seems to be available for our dates.

We're having to settle for a two-room suite rather than a two BEDroom suite. We'll cope though!

I'm just worried as its in an area we always felt a bit lost in - other areas seemed quite straightforward. Will this mean its a good idea for us to stay there? To get to know the area?

Alabama
Level Contributor
57 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is the Kimberly too far out?

We stayed at the Affinia 50, which is next door, and we loved the location. There is a subway stop for the 6 uptown and downtown literally at the end of the block, which was very conveinent, and we also walked to grand central station several times, so it was fairly close also. There were lots of restaurants, and my favorite, ess a bagel was really close also. I think it's a great location. It also looked like a nice place from what I saw walking by. Hope that helps!

Michele

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,552 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is the Kimberly too far out?

Can't understand why you felt lost in this area. It's right near Bloomingdales which means it's also near Serendipity, Dylan's Candy store...P J Clarke's is a great local saloon. Ess a Bagel will be great for breakfast. Couldn't be better imo.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is the Kimberly too far out?

Yes it does Michele - thanks! I guess I wanted to know that it was easy to get round there.

Whiz, I think I exagerated when I said 'always'! We were only in that area once! I think if I'd seen any of the landmarks you mentioned I'd feel better.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is the Kimberly too far out?

Ange, it's really easy to get to Artisanal from there, just grab a bus down Lexington. I was there last night, and if I don't eat out from now until you guys return to New York, I think I will have lost enough weight to return! I had a friend visiting from Atlanta who loves cheese, too, so we went a little crazy.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is the Kimberly too far out?

So I might be able to find Artinisal this time then?! Great - we're definitely staying there! Hopefully you can join us for the cheese sampling!